Main Menu

AFL.com.au

Started by Mr.Craig, December 05, 2012, 02:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Thoughts on the AFL.com redesign? Apart from the search bar coming up in the middle of the scrolling stories ( ::))  I don't particularly like the new style, the old site had a unique feel to it and this one looks too generic in my opinion.

As long as I can find what I'm looking for I guess it doesn't matter, but it just feels like change for the sake of change.

BB67th

Yeh I think I liked the old site better too. It seemed easier to find stuff, now it looks too cluttered.

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on December 05, 2012, 02:55:18 PM
Yeh I think I liked the old site better too. It seemed easier to find stuff, now it looks too cluttered.

I agree. Maybe it's just because we're all so used to the old one though. It's a bit cluttered like BB said.

nrich102

tbagrocks

quinny88

Dont mind it. Would be nice if they put more effort into getting the stories out before the whole world knew though. They seem to be the last site to have a story up after it breaks  :o

Toga

i agree, it seems very cluttered now.... i guess i'll get used to it but still, didn't think there was anything wrong with the old one

Cicjose

anyone find it hard to find older articles?

i cannot scroll through articles beyond the first page of the latest afl news

henry

I'm mainly on my mobile when looking at it and don't mind it too much, but I prefer the old version.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Cicjose on December 10, 2012, 06:39:37 PM

Yes.  :(

I fear a lot of the articles I've linked to on my rookie thread are now useless thanks to this change.

owenbond007

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 11, 2012, 10:19:12 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on December 10, 2012, 06:39:37 PM

Yes.  :(

I fear a lot of the articles I've linked to on my rookie thread are now useless thanks to this change.

I find articles that date back a few months, but struggle to get new articles. Like i got a cache issue, or they recently backed up a old version of the site. pisses me off.

tbagrocks

The match centre's not as good as previous years, slow, need to reload to get the other matches

LF

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2013, 11:39:33 PM
The match centre's not as good as previous years, slow, need to reload to get the other matches

The match centre kept crashing all bloody weekend.They need to fix it before the start of the proper season.

GM

Quote from: luvfooty on February 18, 2013, 05:44:43 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2013, 11:39:33 PM

The match centre kept crashing all bloody weekend.They need to fix it before the start of the proper season.
Yep,go back to the old one.

tbagrocks

Match centre terrible tonight, keeps crashing worse than last week