Main Menu

AFL.com.au

Started by Mr.Craig, December 05, 2012, 02:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Oh dear ::)  two hours from the bounce and I keep getting "502 Proxy Error"

Not good! I'm guessing this is because of how busy it would be?

Toga

Is anyone else getting pissed off that every time you want to watch a 30-second highlight video, we have to watch a 16 second ad?

Every video, same ad!

Really starting to get the showers with it >:(

Mr.Craig

What an absolute bunch of muppets.

Toga

Quote from: Mr.Craig on April 04, 2013, 07:59:52 PM

Who is, Craigy? The AFL? ???

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Toga on April 04, 2013, 09:32:12 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on April 04, 2013, 07:59:52 PM

Who is, Craigy? The AFL? ???

Yes...yes they are.

I suspect several people have been shot out of cannons or banished to Demetriou's torture basement as a result of this mess. Can you imagine what the advertisers are thinking when the AFL resorts to posting team announcements on Twitter because they can't get their own website to work?

Toga

Yeah agreed.

Their new team announcement articles are flowering shower.. I don't want to have to scroll through hundreds of bloody chat messages to see the team! :o

Atm I just use DT Talk's team announcements..

Ziplock

Quote from: Toga on April 05, 2013, 04:20:49 PM
Yeah agreed.

Their new team announcement articles are flowering shower.. I don't want to have to scroll through hundreds of bloody chat messages to see the team! :o

Atm I just use DT Talk's team announcements..

yeah how flowering annoying is it!

you can see the full teams though in like the usual format this week...

tbagrocks

In the top menu column you will find the full lineups there if you look, still annoying!

Scroll top the news topic, in the bottom left is Line Ups ::)

BB67th

I liked it all better back in 2010, bring back the old Match Centre!

Toga

So the AFL is running a survey all about how we get footy news, how we watch the games, blah blah blah.

But at the end of the survey there's a big thing about possibly having login details for the website, e.g. having our own accounts, with possible features to be added to the site including comments on articles, exclusive news, member games/offers and such... Might be pretty interesting if they get positive feedback from the survey!

What do you guys think about this? Would you be in favour of having personal accounts on AFL.com with the ability to comment on articles?

I'm in two minds - think it would generate good discussion about all things footy, but the amount of trolls on there would be almost unbearable. ::)

specky92

Are they possibly making the accounts so you can comment and post in forums or is it just so you could comment on articles by AFL?

If its to make forums then I'm all for it and it would be an awesome resource but I wouldn't make an account just to comment on articles

Toga

I'm not really sure, might be both!

I don't think they directly mentioned forums but they did mention articles and making a profile that you can earn badges etc for so might be a forum aspect as well! :o