Started by Mr.Craig, December 05, 2012, 02:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

(Requested by 6ft Hick)

Aidan Riley

Birthday - 13/12/91
183cm/86kg
Adelaide Crows/Sturt
Fanplanner Price - $229,700 (30% discount)

2011 Average - 33.8 (4 games)
2012 Average - 55.8 (4 games)

Low Score - 14
High Score- 81

SANFL Seniors - 63, 51, 77, 15, 64, 96, 134, 78, 75, 71, 66, 65, 79 (Ave: 71.8)

From adelaidenow.com - The story goes something like this: WA-born kid takes up Auskick after his family moves to Wollongong; limited number of junior teams means he plays under-10s as a seven-year-old; talent recognised as a 12-year-old with selection in a Sydney Swans junior academy; accepted at Illawarra Sport High School as a top basketball prospect; Dad has to coach school footy teams because school refuses to teach the "girl's game"; plays first senior match in Sydney league as a 15-year-old; consistently selected at regional representative level until spotted by Crows' recruiter Matt Rendell and snapped up under the NSW scholarship program.

Riley has played a clutch of games near the end of the last two regular seasons but has yet to become a fixture in the Crows colours. His form in the SANFL was good, often being near the top of the stats sheet but his DT scores suffered from a lack of marking and a poor kick/handball ratio. His JS will continue to be low given the Crows midfield is reasonably settled and Brad Crouch is about to enter the scene. The signs point to another year on the fringe for Aidan and that's not what you want from any prospective midfield pick. Also, his price puts him in the same ballpark as proven scorers Ball and Embley.

Media -

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/the-life-of-riley/story-e6frecoc-1226123538193

6ft Hick

Thanks for the report Mr Craig.
Looks like they just use him to rest other plyers towards the end of the regular season.

The_Captain

Wheres that picture of a potato when you need it?

nrich102

tbagrocks

Quote from: noto07 on December 05, 2012, 07:03:00 PM
If you're trying to call Riley a spud then you're even stupider than I thought

Jroo

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 05, 2012, 07:20:33 PM
If you're trying to call Riley a spud then you're even stupider than I thought
Exactly. You can't call Riley a soud, he is still young and has plenty of development left and who knows what type of player he could turn out like. Nice work Mr.Craig btw

The_Captain

Quote from: nrich102 on December 05, 2012, 07:04:30 PM

There it is!!!!

Young.. Ah players his age have been playing Afl for 3 years.... So young.. NO! Maybe if he was 210cm tall.
I doubt you even know how to kick a football TBAG let alone have a valid opinion. Guarantee he wont play a game this year!

The_Captain

And when i say playing, i mean consistently 22 games a season.. not 4 :/.

tbagrocks

To assume leads to assumptions, and assumptions can be wrong ;)

elephants

I think this bloke has a good future, will be pretty alright in 3-4 seasons IMO.

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on December 05, 2012, 08:21:28 PM
I think this bloke has a good future, will be pretty alright in 3-4 seasons IMO.
Yeah enough joking from me ::) With the lack of high draft picks now the crows will look to the young guns on the rookie list, Wright and Callinan already promoted, Laird and Riley look very impressive, Aiden I'm sure will play footy this year though now Crouch is here it will be a tough battle

He's just the wrong price now and might need another year before he does a Sloane or Matty Wright

The_Captain

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 05, 2012, 08:09:37 PM

I assume my assumptions were correct? Therefore i can no longer assume, and only presume!

tbagrocks

Quote from: noto07 on December 06, 2012, 10:40:59 PM

I assume my assumptions were correct? Therefore i can no longer assume, and only presume!
:o

Adamant

Wouldn't even consider at close to rookie price. Nice write up though Craigy.

The_Captain

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 06, 2012, 11:04:48 PM
Quote from: noto07 on December 06, 2012, 10:40:59 PM

:o

If you read the full sentence, in is no longer an assumption but a presumption. Comprehend ?  ???