2012 Games: 22

2012 Ave: 91.4

Centuries: 9

Highs: 127 vs North Melbourne, 123 vs Brisbane, 117 vs Melbourne

Lows: 44 vs Fremantle, 56 vs Hawthorn, 56 vs Adelaide

FanPlanner Price: $485,500

Position: Defence

Thoughts
Hurn is not a huge ball winner, but his game style is perfectly suited to Supercoach. Since his break out year in 2009, his average disposals have been 20, 15.6, 18.1 and 17.3 with his Supercoach scores being 93.4, 84.6, 82.3 and 91.4 respectively. Quite simply Hurn doesn’t need much of the ball to score points, his high kick to handball ratio benefits him, he is not only a damaging long kick but also a very precise short pass, while also being the eagles preferred ball user out of defence, He had a very impressive disposal efficiency of 73.9% in 2012. Hurn benefited last year with the eagles improving as a side and the return of Beau Waters meaning he wasn’t tagged out of defence. If he can increase his ball winning ability just slightly his scores will be extremely impressive, when reached 20 disposals in a game in 2012 (12 times) he averaged 111 and 9 of those correlated to 100+ SC points, including a big 30 touches and 146 points against Brisbane. 

Verdict
The Eagles will again win plenty of games and I think Hurn scores will slightly improve, he can have the occasional quiet match but racks up effective kicks out of that eagle defence and at 87kg isn’t beaten in a marking contest to often. With many Supercoach back-lines in 2013 having the names of Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw and Grimes, Hurn could be a great POD for your defence.

Prediction
A very solid pick, 96.

ossie85

I always feel Hurn lacks that little bit of consistency.... Just when you think he's about to churn out the centuries, he drops off a bit...

I like him, but kind of see him as an upgrade target

The_Captain

He lacks consistency because some weeks he gets tagged. With that damaging long leg teams play a negator on that half forward flank on him. Not for me because of that reason..,

quinny88

Yeah can get shut out of games a little to easily for my liking.
Would still be a solid pick none the less. 25 years old, prime of his career in a side in the premiership mix

The_Captain

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2012, 03:30:39 AM
Yeah can get shut out of games a little to easily for my liking.
Would still be a solid pick none the less. 25 years old, prime of his career in a side in the premiership mix

Yeh, would by no means be a bad option. Just not the best option

ubeaut

If he could deal with the forward tag better then he would be supercoach gold. Mostly due to his awesome long kicking.

enzedder

An ok pick but not a great one. Not likely to be a top 6 defender IMO...in the bunch below that.  Set up with some proven better picks and leave him for an upgrade if he's deserving of it.

dmac07

The sort of guy that always seems to get a ton when my opponent has him but strings together 4 or 5 scores around the 70s when I bring him in. Not a starter compared to God, Shaw, birch, waters, but a possible upgrade target in the second half of the year.

The_Captain

Quote from: ubeaut on December 07, 2012, 11:59:08 AM
If he could deal with the forward tag better then he would be supercoach gold. Mostly due to his awesome long kicking.

+1

Adamant

Really struggles with a forward tag, and drops in price quite a bit. More of an upgrade target I reckon.