Relative newbie rating teams!

Started by jackkk, December 04, 2012, 02:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackkk

Oh right sorry ADEZ
yeah I meant I was new here not otherwise, personally I wouldn't pay too much attention to the ratings haha. Seeing as I don't actually have a marking key or anything, it's pretty hard to be consistent. At the end of the day it comes down to a few players since the bulk of everyone's team is more or less the same - e.g the backline (gibbs, goddard etc).

I was trying to figure out why I never heard of poor Sam Rowe until now when I realised I was away for virtually all of May, and I live in WA anyway.

Quote from: ADEZ on December 04, 2012, 09:05:44 PM

-the difference between my backline and Roti's is:
Broughton and Docherty (mine) vs Pederson and Staker (Roti's)
You gine him 8 but me 7?
I have a premium where he has a midpricer.

Pederson could go up more in terms of value, Staker has JS compared to Docherty. Both have their pros and cons i guess, Broughton has a higher ceiling

Currie is versing Daw for gametime at NM

I'd say you're definitely right here, Currie is a mature ager so should get more time than Daw

Apart from that yeah my rating consistency is terrible, looking at it now haha, I might go and edit some posts to make them fall in line with eachother haha

EDIT: I deleted all the ratings. It was to do with the fact that they were inconsistent, but also since I realised that I have no idea what will happen next season. The ratings are kinda pointless. I'm fine to give feedback still though, sorry guys :)

PowerMan

TEAM NAME: Koshie's Guns
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, G. Broughton, J. Geary, S. Docherty (J. Pittard, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, L. Ball, B. Prismall, T. Garner, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (O. Wines, J. Viney)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, S. Rowe)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. Robinson, M. Wright, M. LeCras (D. Menzel, T. Menzel)
CASH LEFT: $152,000

If it's slightly over I'll swap Prismall for another rookie.  ;D

hoty69

G'day would appreciate your thought's as i finished top 2% last year and hoping to improve this year , thanks. Brad.TEAM NAME: Killers
DEF: J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, B. Waters, N. Bock, G. Broughton, D. Morris (S. Docherty, J. Pittard)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Redden, R. Gray, L. Ball, H. Hartlett, A. Gaff, B. Moloney, K. Stevens (T. Mitchell, J. Viney)
RUC: J. Roughead, M. Leuenberger (N. Vardy, M. Daw)
FWD: M. LeCras, M. Robinson, J. Howe, H. Bennell, M. Johnson, C. Knights (C. Hitchcock, J. Daniher)
CASH LEFT: $10,100

A few risks in there and not sure how morris is travelling with the Leg but cheap option if he's right to go with the loss of Lake to Hawks. I think Howe is due for a big year ... fingers crossed.

ADEZ

Quote from: jackkk on December 04, 2012, 10:37:15 PM
Oh right sorry ADEZ
yeah I meant I was new here not otherwise, personally I wouldn't pay too much attention to the ratings haha. Seeing as I don't actually have a marking key or anything, it's pretty hard to be consistent. At the end of the day it comes down to a few players since the bulk of everyone's team is more or less the same - e.g the backline (gibbs, goddard etc).

I was trying to figure out why I never heard of poor Sam Rowe until now when I realised I was away for virtually all of May, and I live in WA anyway.

-the difference between my backline and Roti's is:
Broughton and Docherty (mine) vs Pederson and Staker (Roti's)
You gine him 8 but me 7?
I have a premium where he has a midpricer.

Pederson could go up more in terms of value, Staker has JS compared to Docherty. Both have their pros and cons i guess, Broughton has a higher ceiling

Currie is versing Daw for gametime at NM

I'd say you're definitely right here, Currie is a mature ager so should get more time than Daw

Apart from that yeah my rating consistency is terrible, looking at it now haha, I might go and edit some posts to make them fall in line with eachother haha

EDIT: I deleted all the ratings. It was to do with the fact that they were inconsistent, but also since I realised that I have no idea what will happen next season. The ratings are kinda pointless. I'm fine to give feedback still though, sorry guys :)

All good haha just had to convince myself not too go the drawing board...your brave to start a thread as i understand how difficult to be :D

jackkk

Quote from: ADEZ on December 04, 2012, 11:06:32 PM

All good haha just had to convince myself not too go the drawing board...your brave to start a thread as i understand how difficult to be :D
haha you're totally right mate, after seeing names like Gibbs and Docherty for what seems like the fourtieth time you're thinking "oh god not again....."

jackkk

Quote from: hoty69 on December 04, 2012, 11:05:35 PM
G'day would appreciate your thought's as i finished top 2% last year and hoping to improve this year , thanks. Brad.TEAM NAME: Killers
DEF: J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, B. Waters, N. Bock, G. Broughton, D. Morris (S. Docherty, J. Pittard)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Redden, R. Gray, L. Ball, H. Hartlett, A. Gaff, B. Moloney, K. Stevens (T. Mitchell, J. Viney)
RUC: J. Roughead, M. Leuenberger (N. Vardy, M. Daw)
FWD: M. LeCras, M. Robinson, J. Howe, H. Bennell, M. Johnson, C. Knights (C. Hitchcock, J. Daniher)
CASH LEFT: $10,100

A few risks in there and not sure how morris is travelling with the Leg but cheap option if he's right to go with the loss of Lake to Hawks. I think Howe is due for a big year ... fingers crossed.

First off, congrats on last years finish Brad! Let me go through your team.
Backs: Good to see some Waters love, the guy is an absolute tough nut. Bock probably won't play NAB or round 1, so he'll present himself as a downgrade option later. I'm not 100% sure about Morris, keep a close eye on him, I had him in my team for a while until a friend of mine who knows the Dogs like the back of his hand said: "nup. no way will he be right." This was before the Lake trade though so I'd definitely keep an eye on him, time will tell. Quite decent and somewhat unique from all the other backs I've seen this year
Mids: I think you can get better value from a rookie rather than Stevens, I could criticise you on Moloney but I actually think he could make some very decent cash at a new club. I personally would have Hartlett back, but he's your DPP link. Gaff could go boom this season.I would prefer Embley over Gray, even with his age, but at this point in time they both suit. Overall a fairly unique mid, I like
Rucks: Roughead as a (sorta) POD, nice. The other choices should do fine as well.
Fwds: I would get a DPP link for the rucks, Daniher apparently has lost his. if Melbourne can improve and then you're right, Howe will explode. They've already added guts to their midfield. Johnson is a good unique. I like that.

One note, you should prepare a contingency plan in case the magic number goes up because of the extra trades this year.

jackkk

Quote from: PowerMan on December 04, 2012, 10:51:01 PM
TEAM NAME: Koshie's Guns
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, G. Broughton, J. Geary, S. Docherty (J. Pittard, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, L. Ball, B. Prismall, T. Garner, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (O. Wines, J. Viney)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, S. Rowe)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. Robinson, M. Wright, M. LeCras (D. Menzel, T. Menzel)
CASH LEFT: $152,000

If it's slightly over I'll swap Prismall for another rookie.  ;D

Hey mate,
Backs: Mostly looking very common (and decent) except for Geary, with BJ gone he could get some more opportunities in the midfield, but that's a big "could"
Mids: I love the 3 super premos, they'll never do you wrong. I haven't seen Garner once on this thread and I dunno why, he looks like he could get a few games. Him and Prismall are pretty unique as well.
Rucks: Looking pretty good, NicNat is only gonna get better.
Fwds: 2 menzels on the same line :D Watch Daniel over preseason though. M Wright is another guy who could have a great year.
Overall I like you're team, it's actually pretty unique haha

its me lads

Salary cap left: $9,000.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Dyson Heppell, Hamish Hartlett, Sam Docherty, Jasper Pittard
Dean Terlich, Clay Cameron

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Andrew Swallow, Patrick Dangerfield, Marc Murphy, Jake Stringer, Jesse Lonergan, Brad Crouch
Jaeger O'Meara, Nathan Hrovat

Sam Jacobs, Nic Naitanui
Brodie Grundy, Majak Daw

Jimmy Bartel, Tom Rockliff, Patrick Ryder, Dustin Martin, Mark LeCras, Troy Menzel
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

thanks mate

jackkk

Quote from: its me lads on December 04, 2012, 11:58:44 PM
Salary cap left: $9,000.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Dyson Heppell, Hamish Hartlett, Sam Docherty, Jasper Pittard
Dean Terlich, Clay Cameron

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Andrew Swallow, Patrick Dangerfield, Marc Murphy, Jake Stringer, Jesse Lonergan, Brad Crouch
Jaeger O'Meara, Nathan Hrovat

Sam Jacobs, Nic Naitanui
Brodie Grundy, Majak Daw

Jimmy Bartel, Tom Rockliff, Patrick Ryder, Dustin Martin, Mark LeCras, Troy Menzel
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

thanks mate

happy to help!
Defs: Cameron, by the looks of it, is a Key position defender and might not be as DT friendly as some other options. Heppell is sort of a POD, and overall you have a fairly strong backline
Mids: Woah! I don't think you'll need this much grunt here to begin with, consider downgrading Danger to a midpricer or rookie because the MN might be off, making your team too expensive.
Ruck: First team I've seen without Berger. pretty decent, NicNat will lift his average and jacobs should stay fairly durable. Tippett leaving might affect his output however.
Fwds: Not too sure on bartel. He won't improve his average and seems more suited as an upgrade target than a starter. I'm liking the Fwd/Ruc DPP link by the way. Martin could lift a lot this year too.

Sweetness

Quote from: Spite on December 04, 2012, 09:12:46 PM
Quote from: ADEZ on December 04, 2012, 05:55:03 PM
TEAM NAME: ADEZ
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, S. Docherty (J. Pittard, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, J. Redden, L. Ball, J. Lonergan, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (O. Wines, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (D. Currie, S. Rowe)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, N. Naitanui, M. LeCras, J. Daniher (B. Macaffer, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $223,900

Hey mate,

Personally I believe that this is the best team in this thread. Don't go back to the drawing board.

The only thing I do not like is the daniher + maccaffer combo, both will struggle to get consistent games. I'd look at getting varcoe purely on JS and maybe stringer over daniher but its personal opinion.

Good job and I'd keep this team until we know official prices.

+1
Very similar to my team as it stands at the moment.
I wouldn't change anything til the real prices comes out.