2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Aaron Sandilands

Started by quinny88, December 03, 2012, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

I've locked him in.

Sports Today ‏@6PRSportsToday
AARON SANDILANDS breaks his 3km time trial record. Toe injury giving no problems at all #gofreo #afl #6pr

quinny88

Quote from: Adamant on January 08, 2013, 11:57:07 PM
I've locked him in.

Sports Today ‏@6PRSportsToday
AARON SANDILANDS breaks his 3km time trial record. Toe injury giving no problems at all #gofreo #afl #6pr

The closer it gets to the start of the season the more tempted im getting.
That time trial is a very positive sign

kilbluff1985

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 09, 2013, 12:09:23 AM
the new rules should suit him right?

I would think so. Only bloke capable of jumping over his reach would be NicNat

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 09, 2013, 12:09:23 AM
the new rules should suit him right?

He'd be fine, when your hand is 9 feet in the air and you havent even left the ground yet. If anything it will possibly make him even more lethal, some ruckmen like to jump into Sandi and use his body for purchase, cant do that now.
He's awfully tempting but if i take a risk with Embley Knights and Varcoe i dont know if my heart could cope with Sandi aswell.
Those that take him and if he stays fit will love it like we all used to, i had the set and forget ruck of Cox and Sandi for a few years.
Freo would love to get 20 games out of him wouldnt they, Mundy would enjoy him dominating again aswell.

tbagrocks

So why the flower pot bring the rules in anyway? Has the idiot Demetriou been sacked yet? Or did he make yet another 2 mill for ruining the game as we once knew it :o

Possibly my least favorite person is A.D including the middle east :o

Grazz

The rules will change ruckmen from how weve seen them over the last couple of decades but they take a truckload of punishment so its a way of keeping them in the game longer but it will hurt the careers of some more than their bodies.

tbagrocks

What does it mean for the Sauce? He doesn't seem to be the most athletic ??? Clever Ruckman though!

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 09, 2013, 01:05:00 AM
What does it mean for the Sauce? He doesn't seem to be the most athletic ??? Clever Ruckman though!

Dont think it will concern Sauce to much tbag. The only players that are really going to benefit are the real leaper's (NicNat and Ryder) because they cant be fored into a lock of arms. If you look at all of the other ruckman like Cox, Sauce, Maric, Mcevoy etc they arent going to develop an athletic spring to suit the new rules all of a sudden so all they will do is lock up once the ball is bounced. The rule is only stopping them making contact while the ball is still in the umpires hands

Grazz

Its adapt or perish really, Sauce does a bit of work around the ground to. The real gazelles (leapers) will benefit Nic Nat is the best example of what the next few generations of ruckmen will be. Cox was the 1st we saw of what the new ruckmen looked like, skilled highly mobile athletic now thats morphed into Nic Nat or similar. They will be very athletic skilled not necesarily big framed and jump like me when the missus goes "GRAAAAAAZZZZZ" from here on in haha.  :P

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: quinny88 on January 09, 2013, 01:43:03 AM

Dont think it will concern Sauce to much tbag. The only players that are really going to benefit are the real leaper's (NicNat and Ryder) because they cant be fored into a lock of arms. If you look at all of the other ruckman like Cox, Sauce, Maric, Mcevoy etc they arent going to develop an athletic spring to suit the new rules all of a sudden so all they will do is lock up once the ball is bounced. The rule is only stopping them making contact while the ball is still in the umpires hands
This! I think a lot of people are getting carried away with the new rule, no locking arms before the ball is bounced.
They'll punish it harsh early, as they do with every new rule ::), then it'll gradually sort it self out, as it always does.
Then some umpire in round 24 will punish some team harshly, which hasn't been done seen round 4, as it always does.

Mykonos FC

With 30 trades, he is a lock in my team atm  :)

Locinator

Might be worth the risk considering Naitanui and Cox are DPP you could link them the ruck with Sam Rowe then risk him. I've done this with Hamish McIntosh

Holz

i think he could easily be the number 1 ruck this year.

Grazz

Quote from: Holzman on February 15, 2013, 09:28:23 PM
i think he could easily be the number 1 ruck this year.

Welcome to the 211 Fan Club mate.  ;)