2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Dale Thomas

Started by TheAnt, December 02, 2012, 11:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

Dale Thomas

Type:
With the step up of Beams and Sidebottom, Thomas was more confined to the half foward flanks. Used in sharp bursts in the midfield. He may not have had too much time in the middle but when he did he was deadly and broke the game open putting himself on the scoresheet with multiple goals in a quarter at times. This somewhat hampered his Supercoach scoring as he was able to put in consistent performances as he was in 2011. He's seen a decline in Supercoach relevance, that was until he was announced as DPP.

FanPlanner Price: 512,000
Position: MID/FWD
Stats:
16 Games
3 goal games: 4 (Including the semi-final v WCE)
8 centuries
2012 SuperCoach Average: 96

Thoughts:
Didn't give this guy a second thought before he was named as a FWD/MID. I'm very interested to see if Thomas returns to more of a winger with Ball back. If he retains his role of this year there may be better options. Bear in mind he will have a short pre-season after just recently having ankle surgery. He is a good midfielder and if he can return to his 2011 form he is an absolute lock.

Verdict:
I think with all the new DPPs such as Cox and Rockliff and Rioli make Thomas a potential upgrade rather then a straight up lock for me. In saying that, I think he will improve his average of this year, and have a very good second half to the year which is just a feeling.

2013 SuperCoach Score Prediction: 107

Jroo

Now that he's a forward, he is an absolute lock. Will be the second forward pick behind Buddy.
Nice write up Ant, as well!

kilbluff1985

Yeah if he looks ok in the NAB he is a lock for me

quinny88

Would be a lock if he was fit but he just went in for an ankle operation, not sure when he will start his pre season

Jay

roti

Had a relatively poor year this year and would still be in the top 6 forwards, can't see why you wouldn't pick him

The_Captain

So tempting !!! Dunno whether to go there or not but !!

dmac07

If looking fit for beginning of year, will pick!

The_Captain

Quote from: +1King on December 04, 2012, 12:37:28 AM

ahahahaha, is this meant to mean spud? I know how you can see that. But is alrite for sc and dt lol

Adamant

Absolute lock for me.

He had a bit of a down year, yet was still a top 6 forward. Also underpriced from his sub affected game late in the year.

nrich102

TheAnt

By averages not quite top 6 with all the new DPP's.

Jay

Quote from: TheAnt on December 08, 2012, 11:54:32 PM
By averages not quite top 6 with all the new DPP's.
What if you take his 2011 average? If he can get back to that form, will be a great pick

Obese Arachnid

Good chance he will be though.

Carried a few injuries most notable the ankle. Throw in a different role with Bally out , the loss of MM - his warm up buddy :D.

Bally back & Dale back to the wing, good chance to average 105+.