2013 Player Pofile: Jasper Pittard

Started by Football Factory, December 02, 2012, 08:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Not sure on this guy.

Should average between 50-75 but its his injuries that concern me. He's supposed to be bench cover, right? That means you'd like him to play each week and make you money!

I'm swaying more toward Terlich, Vlastuin, Heath and Docherty atm. Pederson also a lock for a little more :)

Football Factory

Costs a little more now the prices are official but worth it imo .. looks like VS can see the potential in this guy aswell

Adamant

I was expecting a price rise, but really not sure now.

130k is quite a bit for someone with his injury history... :-\

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on December 18, 2012, 08:09:38 PM
I was expecting a price rise, but really not sure now.

130k is quite a bit for someone with his injury history... :-\

+1 I think between Terlich, Goodes, Colquhon and Vlastuin there are better options!

Mr.Craig

I immediately gave Pittard the boot and moved Pedo back there from his previous R3 position. But now I have Grundy on my ruck bench which I'm not entirely thrilled with. :-\

azza707

no way in hell will this guy be third tall. he is an absolute twig. HOWEVER he does have an absolute booming kick on him and plays the outside game very well and reads the play. was looking like ports go to man out of defence the game he did play. Hamstrings are a worry but he has some pace too so if he stays injury free this pre season i dont see any reason not to pick him

Think hombsch will fill the Chaplin hole, Pittard more attacking out of def/wing where pearce played. One of Stevenson/Colquhon to play 3rd tall

tbagrocks

Not a third Tall that's silly, he will play bp or hb and either way if he does play often will get the footy and will score well, the Q is will he play 15+ games

GM

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 19, 2012, 09:44:40 PM
Not a third Tall that's silly, he will play bp or hb and either way if he does play often will get the footy and will score well, the Q is will he play 15+ games
Just the first 6 will do.

azza707

yehh his hammy's need to hold up. Looking at one of Pittard/Stevenson/Colquhon depending on NAB. could potentially be 2 of those considering the players port have lost and cos its port and theyre shower so will blood the youngsters for us DTers :)

PowerBug

Quote from: azza707 on December 19, 2012, 09:36:58 PM
no way in hell will this guy be third tall. he is an absolute twig. HOWEVER he does have an absolute booming kick on him and plays the outside game very well and reads the play. was looking like ports go to man out of defence the game he did play. Hamstrings are a worry but he has some pace too so if he stays injury free this pre season i dont see any reason not to pick him

Think hombsch will fill the Chaplin hole, Pittard more attacking out of def/wing where pearce played. One of Stevenson/Colquhon to play 3rd tall
I like the first part, but not the 2nd. If Hombsch is replacing Chaplin (which he is) then he is the 3rd tall as that is what Chaplin was.

Quote from: greenmoon on December 19, 2012, 09:49:20 PM
Amen to that. Although as a Port supporter if he's fit for the whole season that would be nice too. :D
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Ricochet

Quote from: SilkySkills on December 20, 2012, 12:28:23 PM

I like the first part, but not the 2nd. If Hombsch is replacing Chaplin (which he is) then he is the 3rd tall as that is what Chaplin was.

Amen to that. Although as a Port supporter if he's fit for the whole season that would be nice too. :D
wouldn't Heath slot in there as well??

azza707

Quote from: Ricochet on December 20, 2012, 12:32:02 PM
Quote from: SilkySkills on December 20, 2012, 12:28:23 PM

wouldn't Heath slot in there as well??

@silkyskills yehh i meant more like youll have carlisle, hombsch, and trengrove as your 3 defenders with colquhon/stevenson drifting across the packs from time to time to help out. but no way pittard would stand a chance in the packs haha.

@richochet, all depends on NAB cup as always. to be honest i think hombsch, stevenson, colquhon are probably ahead of him at this stage, however he could prove me wrong. theres also the likes of O'shea and Blee who will round out the defensive unit, so Heath has a lot of work to do if he wants to get into the side imo.

Football Factory

According to DTTalk Pittard and Neade were standouts in the Port intraclub game

Jay

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 08, 2013, 11:38:27 PM
According to DTTalk Pittard and Neade were standouts in the Port intraclub game
Neade is an interesting one... Pitard will be a great cash cow in our backlines this year - expect him to play most games

Chelskiman

Pittard is locked for me if named round one.  Currently sitting in my team, along with Stevenson.