It may be better if they miss Rd1!!! DT

Started by Bones Bombers, December 02, 2012, 10:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Bombers

I'm thinking it may be better for guys like Nathan Bock and Robbie Gray, who are touch and go to be truly fit and ready for the start of the season, to miss the first 6 or so rounds. These guys would be fantastic downgrade options when my starting players make some cash ;)
With 8 midfield players this year we will be needing to make good cash trades to be able to afford the top dollar premos. I agree with most that 30 trades is too many but we may end up needing them!

Justin Bieber

Why would you want to downgrade to a player who will cat about 250k?

Football Factory

nrich102

Bones Bombers

The same reason people want to start with them. When fully fit and playing they will increase their price and possibly become keepers.
I think it will be a bit harder to find rookie downgrades this year without a new team full.

tbagrocks

Mr.Craig

That poses the question - who do you think is going to make enough money that you can downgrade them in 6 weeks to someone at 250k? And if they have made that much cash, why would you trade them out because they'd obviously be doing very well?

Maybe, just maybe if you have a premium get an LTI or start sucking big time it might be worth it and allow you to spend the extra cash in another position.

Bones Bombers

I only played 1 season of SC before the new teams came in, so please tell me, how many rookies can we expect to play their first game mid season?
Also how many downgrades do you think will be required to make the necessary upgrades, especially with 8 mids? We all want the best! (most expensive)

Justin Bieber

Cost* and yeah my point. It would be like a straight swap or even a slight up grade...

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Bones Bombers on December 02, 2012, 04:48:07 PM
I only played 1 season of SC before the new teams came in, so please tell me, how many rookies can we expect to play their first game mid season?
Also how many downgrades do you think will be required to make the necessary upgrades, especially with 8 mids? We all want the best! (most expensive)

Depends on LTI's and the form of the players/teams. At Round 11 all teams are able to upgrade someone from their rookie list so that usually presents some downgrade opportunities.

Off the top of my head I'd say you'd need around 10 downgrades to get close to the best 22.

Mr.Craig

Yep, just checked my trades for this season and there were 10 downgrades.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 02, 2012, 05:06:26 PM
Yep, just checked my trades for this season and there were 10 downgrades.
Cheers Mr.Craig. Might need a couple more this year to afford the premo mids.
Was just thinking about that rookie the teams can add after rd11.
Think the good downgrades will be harder to find at the right time next year, so just throwing a few thoughts out there.
Must be a bit bored ;D

The_Captain

Bones Bombers

Dylan Shiel  rd9 $300,500 finish $351,000
Tom Bugg rd9 $286,700 finish $300,700
Devon Smith rd9 $297,500 finish $310,400
James Magner rd9 $297,000 finish $207,200

Just a few guys who started very well and then ran out of puff.
If you are confident a player such as Bock or Gray or whoever will be better in the later part of the season then that slight downgrade may be good. A lot of people think Gray is a potential star. Would be a risk I know.
Not saying I would take that risk, just thinking out loud.

stew42

Quote from: Bones Bombers on December 02, 2012, 11:58:57 PM
Dylan Shiel  rd9 $300,500 finish $351,000
Tom Bugg rd9 $286,700 finish $300,700
Devon Smith rd9 $297,500 finish $310,400
James Magner rd9 $297,000 finish $207,200

Just a few guys who started very well and then ran out of puff.
If you are confident a player such as Bock or Gray or whoever will be better in the later part of the season then that slight downgrade may be good. A lot of people think Gray is a potential star. Would be a risk I know.
Not saying I would take that risk, just thinking out loud.

Interesting stats mate, thanks!