Scrads - Team Tracker 2013

Started by Scrads, December 01, 2012, 01:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

All of your midfield premos are r13 bye...how do you plan to deal with that? That'll be like 450 points missed that week because of that (including captain).

Scrads

Quote from: Jukes on February 02, 2013, 02:39:03 AM
All of your midfield premos are r13 bye...how do you plan to deal with that? That'll be like 450 points missed that week because of that (including captain).

By pumping out mega scores in rounds 11 and 12 ? :)

And besides, sideways trading premiums over byes will be popular IMO. I will have another captain choice by then too for sure.

Scrads

Another update !!

The plan is to upgrade to 2 premium forwards in the round 7/8 region and shift Broughton to the backs which means I will have 5 premo backs, mids, forwards and a Cox/Leuy Ruck. Then it will be time to add to the midfield before/during the byes.

Jukes

Good structure
Generally nice rookie selection
Can't fault any premium selections bar one

Dislikes
One thing you might want to look into is that you have 3 port defenders and 3 pies midfielders. If these sides get battered one week, say Port either dominate and the ball never goes back (lol) or all kicks fly over their head for a goal, or the pies midfield gets super restricted, etc.
Only premium I can fault is Broughton. I know you love him so much but there are far superior options; see Bruest, Cloke and Sylvia, all of which should go 90+ which is more than Broughton will get (imo).

Ratings
Backs: 8.13/10
Mids: 9.14/10
Rucks: 8/10
Forwards: 8/10
Overall: 8.3/10 solid, no real faults detected.

Capper

What happened to your love affair with Brennan and Pederson in the backs?? Also dont understand why everyone is picking up Pittard, is there something that im not getting??

The_Captain

Quote from: tabs on February 05, 2013, 08:58:28 PM
What happened to your love affair with Brennan and Pederson in the backs?? Also dont understand why everyone is picking up Pittard, is there something that im not getting??

Rookie priced with better than rookie JS? That's it i think?

Windigo

Actually a pretty solid side. Maybe somone other than Beams perhaps?

But overall it's solid if you trust Stanton & Broughton+Hartlett.  :P

Scrads

This side looks a lot different, but wondering if maybe the 'stepping stone' approach with Pederson, Embley, Byrnes and Knights will get me to premiums quicker than classic guns'n'rooks will. The 2 trades every week will be very instrumental in getting there quickly.

Need some people's thoughts I have to admit this current side makes me feel uneasy for sure.

Adamant

It's risky, but looks incredibly strong.

Not a fan of Mumford or Hanley tbh, I'd rather Sandilands and Stanley/Grimes/Birch/Heppell/Duffman (depending on cash of course).

I would also prefer Sylvia over Breust as he's a proven 90+ scorer, but I know you love Bruesty, so can't really criticize that pick. ;)

Overall, looks pretty good and has a unique edge. Probably a tad too risky for me, but you've gotta risk it to get the biscuit.

Scrads

Worth noting I have already traded Pedo, Wines and Knights for Terlich, Tom Mitchell and Cox. Good or bad move ?

Adamant

Capper

Mummy is an interesting one. I have him as well currently but i would wait and see who the Swans pick for R1. If Pyke is there then i would go McEvoy over Mummy for the first ruck.

Still going to 3 big Pies in the mids which could be good as long as the pies dont falter

5 Port players in your team could hurt also

Capper

Quote from: Scrads on February 11, 2013, 02:30:19 AM
Worth noting I have already traded Pedo, Wines and Knights for Terlich, Tom Mitchell and Cox. Good or bad move ?
Yeh good move

Scrads

Now I traded Cox and Terlich to Siposs and Pederson.

So basically, from the above team I have traded Wines and Knights to Tom Mitchell and Siposs.

Capper

Quote from: Scrads on February 11, 2013, 03:59:23 PM
Now I traded Cox and Terlich to Siposs and Pederson.

So basically, from the above team I have traded Wines and Knights to Tom Mitchell and Siposs.
So what you are saying is that you have no cox??

sorry, bad joke