Justin Bieber

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 23, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: Scrads on January 23, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
Quote from: whatlez on January 23, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
Quote from: mezzoculo on January 23, 2013, 12:44:31 AM
Quote from: whatlez on January 22, 2013, 11:06:18 PM
Don't you understand that all players will likely to decrease in price
Why do you say that, lez?
Because it needs to compensate to all the rookies that will increase at the end of rd 3. You found last year Marc muephy averaging like 120 over 3 and decreased. Cause of the amount of rooks that increased.

That was more pronounced the last 2 years because of GC and GWS fielding teams full of rookies and continually bringing them in during the season. This year there will be sooo many less rookies taking the field. If Riewoldt averages even 90 his price will rise.
EXACTLY! Fewer rookies mean lower break-evens across the board! I bet you'll find that many, many premiums will have a great chance of at least hitting theirs in the first month of the season.
True. But is it worth a gain of 20k?

Scrads

Quote from: whatlez on January 23, 2013, 05:53:43 PM
Quote from: mezzoculo on January 23, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: Scrads on January 23, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
Quote from: whatlez on January 23, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
Quote from: mezzoculo on January 23, 2013, 12:44:31 AM
Quote from: whatlez on January 22, 2013, 11:06:18 PM
Don't you understand that all players will likely to decrease in price
Why do you say that, lez?
Because it needs to compensate to all the rookies that will increase at the end of rd 3. You found last year Marc muephy averaging like 120 over 3 and decreased. Cause of the amount of rooks that increased.

That was more pronounced the last 2 years because of GC and GWS fielding teams full of rookies and continually bringing them in during the season. This year there will be sooo many less rookies taking the field. If Riewoldt averages even 90 his price will rise.
EXACTLY! Fewer rookies mean lower break-evens across the board! I bet you'll find that many, many premiums will have a great chance of at least hitting theirs in the first month of the season.
True. But is it worth a gain of 20k?

Well I am tipping a 110 average over the first 4 so I will benefit from a) the high amount of points and b) the cash he makes.

Scrads

So I have changed the name of the thread from 'initial planning' to 'team tracker' so I can keep almost a diary of how my team goes throughout the year which I can look back on at the end of the year and take note of the good moves and mistakes I make. First team tracker update will be this Thursday night when DT will finally be open :)

mezzoculo

Quote from: Scrads on January 29, 2013, 11:58:15 PM
So I have changed the name of the thread from 'initial planning' to 'team tracker' so I can keep almost a diary of how my team goes throughout the year which I can look back on at the end of the year and take note of the good moves and mistakes I make. First team tracker update will be this Thursday night when DT will finally be open :)
You gonna note the milestone by updating your avatar, scrads? Maybe GB in red and yellow or would it be another docker?

Scrads

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 30, 2013, 12:25:56 AM
You gonna note the milestone by updating your avatar, scrads? Maybe GB in red and yellow or would it be another docker?

Interesting idea Mez, well I am a hawks man I actually think I might pull out a smokie DP if I decide against my man crush Broughton ;)

Jukes

Quote from: Scrads on January 22, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
Muppets'n'Spuds Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $4,700.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Hamish Hartlett, Cameron Pedersen, Jasper Pittard, Sam Docherty
Lewis Stevenson, Sam Colquhoun

Dane Swan, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury, Brent Stanton, Marc Murphy, Andrew Embley, Kane Mitchell, Tom Mitchell
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Max Gawn

Tom Rockliff, Nick Riewoldt, Dustin Martin, Greg Broughton, Chris Knights, Brent Macaffer
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

Still messing around, I had a huge urge to get Swan into my team (as most DT'ers I am sure can relate) so made room for him.

Strong midfield, would be worried about Swan and Beams in relation to drug issues though.
Nick Riewoldt, super pick, has a history of amazing scoring and has an easy start to the season, could even be a keeper if he can do well in the opening month then build on that confidence and go into a great season.
Structure

Dislikes
Rather weak forward line, only 1 95+ player, assuming Riewoldt doesn't destroy this season which I hope he does, but seems pretty unlikely at this stage :P
Forward rookies, will explain later
I'd prefer others to Hartlett, but no biggie
Reckon you'd be better going with a rookie than Pedersen and use that money elsewhere.

Suggested Alterations
One tree I think would be alright, your choice though, would be to downgrade Pedersen to a rookie like Goodes, leaving you with about 180k, then use that to go Macaffer and Staker to Menzel and Mayes, leaving you with about 150k. Maybe use that to go take Broughton out of your forward line and replacing Pittard with Broughton, then fill that spot in the forward line with Stevie J. Just one line of thought, however.

Ratings
Backs: 7.75/10
Mids: 9.25/10
Rucks: 8/10
Forwards: 8.25/10
Overall: 8.33/10

Scrads

Thanks Jukes :)

The only flaw in your suggested amendments to my team is that I am way too big of a fan of Pederson to not pick him in my team at this stage haha :-[

Jukes

Fair enough, similar to me and Todd Goldstein :P

Scrads

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 30, 2013, 12:25:56 AM

It has been done !!!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Scrads on January 30, 2013, 02:03:23 AM
Thanks Jukes :)

The only flaw in your suggested amendments to my team is that I am way too big of a fan of Pederson to not pick him in my team at this stage haha :-[

good luck with him

Scrads

Here it is, my first official entered team for DT 2013. Many changes to come I am sure, for now though I am keen to hear other peoples's toughts :)

Scrads

Done a bit of fiddling with my team and now have this, please share your thoughts :)

Scrads

Note: Just got rid of Gawn for Witts.

Adamant

Scrads