Scrads - Team Tracker 2013

Started by Scrads, December 01, 2012, 01:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

It's certainly a very different team to the one I currently have.

I count 9 genuine premiums and that number should really be around the 12-13 mark. Christensen and Howard are the two I'd be most concerned about. Both of them have so little reward attached. I predict you'll make a combined 150k from them and suffer plenty of frustration along the way when you could instead have a premium/rookie combo that will generate 170k-200k and give you just as many points, if not more. Plus you'd be left with ample cash to turn Beams or Pendles into GAJ.

nrich102

Scrads

Muppets'n'Spuds Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $4,700.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Hamish Hartlett, Cameron Pedersen, Jasper Pittard, Sam Docherty
Lewis Stevenson, Sam Colquhoun

Dane Swan, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury, Brent Stanton, Marc Murphy, Andrew Embley, Kane Mitchell, Tom Mitchell
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Max Gawn

Tom Rockliff, Nick Riewoldt, Dustin Martin, Greg Broughton, Chris Knights, Brent Macaffer
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

Still messing around, I had a huge urge to get Swan into my team (as most DT'ers I am sure can relate) so made room for him.

mezzoculo

Quote from: Scrads on January 22, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Hamish Hartlett, Cameron Pedersen, Jasper Pittard, Sam Docherty

Dane Swan, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury, Brent Stanton, Marc Murphy, Andrew Embley, Kane Mitchell, Tom Mitchell

Majak Daw, Max Gawn

Tom Rockliff, Nick Riewoldt, Dustin Martin, Greg Broughton, Chris Knights, Brent Macaffer
Brent Staker, Tom Lee
Like the structure! Although, reckon you'll get a better return with DEF rook + FWD premium rather than Pederson + Riewoldt (irrespective of the Saints draw!).
FYI A couple of your players won't be there for Rnd 1: Kane Mitchell is on the rookie list and won't be elevated until injury strikes; Max Gawn suffered another soft tissue injury to his leg last month.

Capper

NROO is the biggest worry in that team. Doesnt want to be captain and likely to be tag teamed with kosi looking more and more likely to be missing out of the best 22.

No Crouch??

Scrads

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 22, 2013, 09:05:54 PM
Quote from: Scrads on January 22, 2013, 05:01:15 PM

Majak Daw, Max Gawn

Brent Staker, Tom Lee
Like the structure! Although, reckon you'll get a better return with DEF rook + FWD premium rather than Pederson + Riewoldt (irrespective of the Saints draw!).
FYI A couple of your players won't be there for Rnd 1: Kane Mitchell is on the rookie list and won't be elevated until injury strikes; Max Gawn suffered another soft tissue injury to his leg last month.

Cheers for the advice.

Pederson I am a huge fan of this year if he can even go 80+ that would be a win IMO, doesn't mean I have to keep him long term.

Riewoldt is just my early points/cash grab I will probably upgrade him (or hopefully straight swap) to Buddy or downgrade to someone like Gray in round 5 or 6.

Mitchell I think can still be upgraded before round 1 so I will wait and see but it won't be hard to find another mid rookie.

Gawn I heard something small I didn't think it would affect his round 1 chances though ? If so then I will just have to find a replacement for him there too (I guess Witts or Grundy).

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on January 22, 2013, 09:09:41 PM
NROO is the biggest worry in that team. Doesnt want to be captain and likely to be tag teamed with kosi looking more and more likely to be missing out of the best 22.

No Crouch??

As I said in reply to Mez, NROO is just a quick cash/point grab when the saints play GC and GWS in rounds 1 and 3.

I kind of don't think Crouch will get many games this year tbh...

mezzoculo

If you want a Saints to take advantage of their favourable draw then why not consider Siposs? $325k and he reaaaally beat up on the crappier teams last season (100 and 108 against GWS and GCS, respectively plus an 80 av against Adelaide, Ess and Bris)...

Scrads

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 22, 2013, 09:14:56 PM
If you want a Saints to take advantage of their favourable draw then why not consider Siposs? $325k and he reaaaally beat up on the crappier teams last season (100 and 108 against GWS and GCS, respectively plus an 80 av against Adelaide, Ess and Bris)...

Not a bad idea I might have to look into that in the NAB.

These are Nick Riewoldt's scores from 2012 and 2011 against his first 4 opponents this year:

Round 1 v GC: 136, 126
Round 2 v RICH: 100, 90
Round 3 v GWS: (no games)
Round 4 v ESS: 135, 98

So assuming he kicks a bag against GWS, it should hopefully be a considerable start. It is probably achievable for him to go 110 over the first 4 but even if he only goes 100 I will be happy.

Justin Bieber

Don't you understand that all players will likely to decrease in price

mezzoculo

Quote from: whatlez on January 22, 2013, 11:06:18 PM
Why do you say that, lez?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 23, 2013, 12:44:31 AM
Because it needs to compensate to all the rookies that will increase at the end of rd 3. You found last year Marc muephy averaging like 120 over 3 and decreased. Cause of the amount of rooks that increased.

azza707

While on the topic of Marc Murphy i see you had selected him in your team Scrads, as had I. Along with Pendlebury, i had those 2 locked away in my mids and seen as huge value as they were quite underpriced for what they are capable of. However ive been reading everywhere lately that murphy is still a few weeks away from full training after his knee and hip surgery?? ( I know he had knee surgery, cant remember the other, maybe shoulder? ) this has me a tad worried. Had muprhy penciled into to come out and average 110-115 this year from the get go, however i think to do this he would have to have an uniterrupted pre season. therefore this surgery has me worried and i may look to drop murphy and start with someone else as he may be a slow starter, and bring him in later when he has an established fitness base.

Scrads

Quote from: whatlez on January 23, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
Because it needs to compensate to all the rookies that will increase at the end of rd 3. You found last year Marc muephy averaging like 120 over 3 and decreased. Cause of the amount of rooks that increased.

That was more pronounced the last 2 years because of GC and GWS fielding teams full of rookies and continually bringing them in during the season. This year there will be sooo many less rookies taking the field. If Riewoldt averages even 90 his price will rise.

mezzoculo

Quote from: Scrads on January 23, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
Quote from: whatlez on January 23, 2013, 12:48:33 AM

That was more pronounced the last 2 years because of GC and GWS fielding teams full of rookies and continually bringing them in during the season. This year there will be sooo many less rookies taking the field. If Riewoldt averages even 90 his price will rise.
EXACTLY! Fewer rookies mean lower break-evens across the board! I bet you'll find that many, many premiums will have a great chance of at least hitting theirs in the first month of the season.