Scrads - Team Tracker 2013

Started by Scrads, December 01, 2012, 01:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Some of you may know I have been very reluctant to use fanplanner to make a team until the OFFICIAL prices/MN/DPP all come out. However, I have been keeping a rough team in my head which should look very similar to the team I eventually make. I still refuse to use the fanplanner until everything is official but here is just a list of the players I am likely to try and lock in my side if I am permitted:

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Broughton, Pederson (+3)
M: Swan, Ablett, Beams, Murphy, Pendlebury, Omeara, Wines, Viney (+2)
R: NicNat, Leuy (+2)
F: Rocky, Thomas, Martin, LeCras, Varcoe, Knights, Gray, (+1)

So far that is still 8 players away from a full team (these will be pretty much all rookie/cheap players).

Not sure how much the 5-prong premo mid will set me back but hopefully not too much that I can't afford players elsewhere. The fact that they are all Round 13 will not bother me as the new MBR rules should still help me avoid all donuts (although my Round 13 score will still be considerably less).

With 30 trades, I definitely plan to trade hard early and get the best team possible from the get-go and hopefully go into the byes very strong in all areas.

13Brummy

No LeCras in the fwds?

I recon Robbie gray won't come good until midseason

Scrads

Quote from: 13Brummy on December 01, 2012, 01:32:25 AM
No LeCras in the fwds?

I recon Robbie gray won't come good until midseason

Knew I would forget someone haha. Updated.

Gray will be determined by what NAB he plays (if any) and Round 1 selection.

kilbluff1985

ok first thing i noticed is you should have 6 defenders +3 you currently have 5+3 :o

Backs i like but i don't really like your 3rd and 4th players need one of them to be more reliable imo

Mids - i like the 5 premo attack however don't like having 3 pies in there if the Pies have a quiet game you will suffer plus it's unlikely all 3 will score 140-150 each in a game which with the cash each of them is costing you os what you would want to happen sometimes why not get in JPK/Cotching/A.Swallow and did you consider L.Ball@260k? Personally i don't like Murphy until he shows he can handle a tag not sure how he is so popular

Rucks- Standard

FWDS - no complaints other then no Buddy

prob give you 7.5/10 i think

Scrads

Defence is 6 + 2 but idk who I will fill my last spot with so instead I just made it 5 + 3.

The Collingwood mids still scored like that last year, no reason they can't do it again. Still not keen on a mid pricer in the mids even with the extra 2 spots.

Murphy underpriced from injury and playing under Malthouse

No Buddy as I am tipping I won't be able to afford him and he has a tough early run so will hopefully be an upgrade target, worked fairly well for me this year.

Thanks for the advice :)

The_Captain

Quote from: Scrads on December 01, 2012, 01:13:01 AM
Some of you may know I have been very reluctant to use fanplanner to make a team until the OFFICIAL prices/MN/DPP all come out. However, I have been keeping a rough team in my head which should look very similar to the team I eventually make. I still refuse to use the fanplanner until everything is official but here is just a list of the players I am likely to try and lock in my side if I am permitted:

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Broughton, Pederson (+3)
M: Swan, Ablett, Beams, Murphy, Pendlebury, Omeara, Wines, Viney (+2)
R: NicNat, Leuy (+2)
F: Rocky, Thomas, Martin, LeCras, Varcoe, Knights, Gray, (+1)

So far that is still 8 players away from a full team (these will be pretty much all rookie/cheap players).

Not sure how much the 5-prong premo mid will set me back but hopefully not too much that I can't afford players elsewhere. The fact that they are all Round 13 will not bother me as the new MBR rules should still help me avoid all donuts (although my Round 13 score will still be considerably less).

With 30 trades, I definitely plan to trade hard early and get the best team possible from the get-go and hopefully go into the byes very strong in all areas.

I like your plan of attack Scrads!!

Scrads

Other players strongly under consideration include Howard and Christensen

Capper

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 01, 2012, 02:04:43 AM

Backs i like but i don't really like your 3rd and 4th players need one of them to be more reliable imo

scrads is the president of the Mr B fan club, nobody knocks him
Also Pies, Suns, Blues, Giants all have the R13 bye. Who plays in your mids them, or tank??

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on December 06, 2012, 11:21:47 PM

Also Pies, Suns, Blues, Giants all have the R13 bye. Who plays in your mids them, or tank??

A combination of My Rucks, Forwards and Backs and less mids. However my Round 11 and Round 12 teams will slay some big scores so should be 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Capper

Quote from: Scrads on December 06, 2012, 11:30:31 PM

A combination of My Rucks, Forwards and Backs and less mids. However my Round 11 and Round 12 teams will slay some big scores so should be 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
thankyou Paula Abdul

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on December 06, 2012, 11:49:21 PM

thankyou Paula Abdul

I don't get it haha

mezzoculo

Capper

Quote from: Scrads on December 07, 2012, 02:52:27 AM
Quote from: tabs on December 06, 2012, 11:49:21 PM

thankyou Paula Abdul

I don't get it haha
its because you and Paula look the same on a friday night on the town

Scrads

Capper

Quote from: Scrads on December 08, 2012, 12:52:20 AM
Watched the vid, now I get it haha
sorry forgot you werent alive in the 80s