Scrads - Team Tracker 2013

Started by Scrads, December 01, 2012, 01:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Just to be different, i'd go to Terlich and have a DPP link there. :)

Lots of money there, could do a straight turn of Whitfield into a premium next week when he'll be rested. :) (Well that's my guess anyway)

Nice looking side, seem to be sorting out those spud picks nicely :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

mezzoculo

Quote from: PowerBug on April 18, 2013, 11:00:02 AM
Just to be different, i'd go to Terlich and have a DPP link there. :)
Yep, I like this. I'm not sold that Crouch (MID) has the capacity to outscore Terlich (DEF) - which is what you ideally want with your midfield rookies.

Scrads

Well I ended up doing Varcoe to Rowe and K.Mitchell to Crouch as planned and I am happy with both of those trades.

Ended up having a decent week, slowly making my way up those rankings!!

Score: 2102
Weekly Rank: 13362
Overall Rank: 22700
Team Value: $10,012,900
Cash: $353,100

The trend of my score, weekly rank and overall rank getting better each week continues :P

This week my thoughts are Blicavs -> Mayes (Rowe to ruck) and Kommer -> SJ (then obv moved to froward line).

If SJ can bang a big one out against the dogs then I will be happy, those trades would leave me with $500 left :o haha.

Is missing Evans too much of a dumb mistake? Other thoughts?

Capper

Kommer might be back for the next game as he had a 2 weeks suspension. If he gets 50 next game then he goes up $20-25K. Blilcavs average is about 40 and with a BE of 19 this might the last week to have him in your team if you do have him. If he scores 40 then he goes up about $10k, whilst Mayes and Evans will go up alot more if they only score 40.

Personally i am waiting till about Round 9 to get Stevie J as he plays Port, GC and GWs back to back before the bye then Lions, Freo, Hawks and Dees after the bye.

If you want the easy money (approx $240k in 2 weeks) then i would go Kommer to Evans and Blicavs to Mayes (moving Rowe to the ruck)

PowerBug

I agree with tabs, do the double downgrade as the extra money gained outweighs the extra points scored. :)

Scrads

Thanks for the thoughts guys but I am thinking a double downgrade will be the way to go next week with Docherty, Paparone, Gawn, Daw, Kerridge, Stringer, Macrae, Laird just off the top of my head so I think it will be worth bringing in SJ for hopefully a big score this week and then grab some cash next week with some downgrades before bringing in Buddy or Dale Thomas the week after depending how things pan out.

Capper

On those players named Docherty, Paparone, Gawn, Daw, Kerridge, Stringer, Macrae, Laird.

Docherty yeh sure get him but Paparone had the green vest and only had descent playing time as McGrath went off. Gawn got most of his points in the last quarter when he kicked both his goals. Plays for Dees so how much ball will he get in the dees forward line. Yeh they beat GWS but only after GWS run out of puff. Daw KO'ed in the first quarter and only scored 23. Good jump and leep but i think he may miss this week as they wont risk him. Kerridge played a tagging role on Griffen which was awesome but how many many points do taggers usually get? Also they played a team that scored 2 goals in the first 3 quarters and then 2 late ones. Laird, small defender who got 39 again against a team that kicked 4 goals for the game. He would need to score at least 60 to get people interested in his 2nd game, if he gets one (JS). Stringer had the green vest for the Dogs, yes it wasnt the best weather to play in at the start but the team, kicked 4 goals for the game. Stringer and Macrae biggest issue is JS but there will be changes for the dogs this weekend but who knows how many or who are out.

TLDR?

IMO Get Evans and MAyes this week, short term points pain for long term money gain

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on April 22, 2013, 09:47:26 PM
On those players named Docherty, Paparone, Gawn, Daw, Kerridge, Stringer, Macrae, Laird.

Docherty yeh sure get him but Paparone had the green vest and only had descent playing time as McGrath went off. Gawn got most of his points in the last quarter when he kicked both his goals. Plays for Dees so how much ball will he get in the dees forward line. Yeh they beat GWS but only after GWS run out of puff. Daw KO'ed in the first quarter and only scored 23. Good jump and leep but i think he may miss this week as they wont risk him. Kerridge played a tagging role on Griffen which was awesome but how many many points do taggers usually get? Also they played a team that scored 2 goals in the first 3 quarters and then 2 late ones. Laird, small defender who got 39 again against a team that kicked 4 goals for the game. He would need to score at least 60 to get people interested in his 2nd game, if he gets one (JS). Stringer had the green vest for the Dogs, yes it wasnt the best weather to play in at the start but the team, kicked 4 goals for the game. Stringer and Macrae biggest issue is JS but there will be changes for the dogs this weekend but who knows how many or who are out.

TLDR?

IMO Get Evans and MAyes this week, short term points pain for long term money gain

I see what you mean, you are basically saying that Evans is a much better rookie than all of the above which may be true. I would just be annoyed if SJ bangs out a 140 this week haha, might be a good chance to jump up the rankings while everyone else is busy downgrading.

Capper

True but when you have 2 rookie this ripe for the picking, how can you not take them. Yes there are some guys on the bubble next week but i dont think that they will make the same amount of cash.

In saying that though, Stevie J should kill the dogs.Tough call

I will be getting him in a couple of weeks

Scrads

Ended up sticking to my guns and am very happy with the Blicavs and Kommer to Mayes and SJ moves I made ;)

Score: 2153
Weekly Rank: 5453
Overall Rank: 14323
Team Value: $10,788,400
Cash: $500

Again my trend of Score, Weekly and Overall rank getting better with every week continues. Hopefully I can keep that up for sure :P

If I can push near the 10k mark this week I will be happy, my target is to crack the top 4k by byes if possible.

Trades are impossible to tell this week, am simply going to wait for teams to be named first just so I know what I am working with to begin with.

Money

Loving the team Scrads, looking solid, surely trading Goodes would be on your mind, and with those 4 premium back you may as well just bench Gibbs. I wouldn't touch your forward or ruck, may have to get that Midfield boosted up a little and with only $500 double downgrade would probably be the best

Capper

Agree with Money, maybe Goodes out and downgrade to rookie Def and Naismith to Gawn. You can get Goodes back for Pittard, Heath or Stevenson in a couple of weeks

Scrads

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have so far settled on Gibbs and Pittard for Heppell and Laird at this point in time (subject to teams being named).

IMO I can probably trade Goodes back to Gibbs in 4 or so weeks after Gibbs comes down in price and Goodes goes up (will be a small upgrade).

Annoyed because Pittard has a 96 in his system which will make some decent coin, but I figured at least with Goodes a) I KNOW when he will be back and b) He has a lower BE than Pittard.

Early I know but next week I will think about downgrading Neade or Dwyer (or Heath or Stevenson) to Vlastuin and maybe upgrading Whitfield or Wines to Cotchin or Watson. Gray and Budy also on the radar.

PowerBug

Yep, looking at team without looking at the comments i'd be lining up Gibbs to Heppell and Pittard to Laird. :)

Also got more coin in the bank for next week upgrade of Wines/Whitfield :D

Scrads

Well we all know that even the best laid plans sometimes never work out. After the carnage at the selection table I made two average trades which was then followed by more carnage over the weekend. Luckily I avoided a fair chunk of it and managed to improve my overall rank (like I have every round so far) by about 6000 spots (weekly rank and score went down though :( ).

My trades were Gibbs -> Scotland and Whitfield -> Kommer

Score: 1917
Weekly Rank: 8625
Overall Rank: 8778
Team Value: $10,835,400
Cash: $107,700

My initial thinking for this weeks trades is Grimes -> Vlastuin and Dwyer -> Thomas which will leave me with 200k in the bank which will help me get hopefully at least a couple of Watson, Stanton, Buddy, Birch, Cotchin, Gibbs when their prices bottom out. Also considering Priddis next week.