Top 2 rookies in each position.

Started by nichsa673, November 30, 2012, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

In light of the new rule changes for next years' Supercoach, getting the right rookies will either make or break your team. The rookies in the following wont necessarily be the best rookies, but may be the best in a Supercoach sense, as they should get games and score at least decently.

Backline: Now that the backline consist of only 6 players on the ground and 2 on the bench, it relieves a little bit of pressure as rookie defenders was looking a bit thing. At the moment, the best current prospects seem to be;

Nick Vlaulstin - Richmond
Dean Teralich - Melbourne
Sam Docherty - Brisbane
Jasper Pittard - Port Adelaide
Jackson Thurlow - Geelong

Midfield: Midfield has the most prospects as usual, and this year is the most important line to get right.

Jaeger Omeara and Brad Crouch - last years mini draft picks, should both get games. Omeare ahead of Crouch if only one taken.
Ollie Wines - Port Adelaide, will no doubt get games, tough inside midfielder will play straight away.
Jesse Lonergan - Gold Coast, already built for AFL, could see early games next season.
Nathan Hrovat - Player taken by the pick recieved for trading Western Bulldogs, they wouldnt use that pick on him unless thay plan to give him games.
Jack Viney - Jack Viney will play pretty much straight away, and for basement price, he will be my first picked next year.

Rucks: Tricky now seeing that Daniher is only a Forward;

Jarrod Witts and Brodie Grundy - Now with the inclusion of Hudson, their value has decreased.
Majak Daw - Elevated to senior list, and could possibly see early games to help with ruck, now that McIntosh has left.

Forwards - Many options for forwards this year, with many of them having DPP status.

Jake Stringer - Depending on how he copes with leg injury recovery, he could score very well in his first year.
Ben Kennedy - Brent Harvey 2.0, Kennedy may struggle to get games, but if he does early, I wouldn't want to miss him.
Joe Daniher - Hird stated he plans for him to play "10-15 games", what more do you want?
Tom Lee - St. Kilda gave up pick 12 for Lee, I doubt they would play him in the 2nd's if there willing to give up that.
Taylor Garner - Speedy midfielder forward, may struggle a bit but could be a solid option if he avoids green/red vest.
Sam Mayes/Troy Menzel - Mayes more likely to play, but both should average 70+ if they get games. Pick Mayes first.

Keep an eye out for Rory Atkins at Adelaide, and Nicholas Graham at Carlton.

Theres my write up for rookies, any more suggestions that need to be included are welcomed

tbagrocks

I'm sure Luke Brown will get oppertunities now Doughty has retired, the back pocket can get hold of the footy and 12-20 possessions for Norwood was not uncommon

quinny88

Nice write up Nichsa.
Omeara and Viney the only 2 im 100 per cent on so far

nichsa673

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 30, 2012, 11:02:48 PM
I'm sure Luke Brown will get oppertunities now Doughty has retired, the back pocket can get hold of the footy and 12-20 possessions for Norwood was not uncommon

Yea I thought about Luke Brown, I think he might get some games to. I think it might depend on where Brodie Smith plays next year, backline or midfield, and whether Crouch will be in before Brown.

nichsa673

Quote from: quinny88 on November 30, 2012, 11:23:19 PM
Nice write up Nichsa.
Omeara and Viney the only 2 im 100 per cent on so far

Yea mate, they're a pretty safe bet I think.

PICCOLLO

Great write up. Pretty obvious point to make but bigger bodied rookies are the ones to go for.  Wines and lonergan have my attention.  I think viney and omeara are solid picks. 
Mpp in rucks might be the go because there arent many boys there who'll get a good run.

kilbluff1985

Footyrulz

nice write up. this is in my opinion 2 best rookies from each position.

DEF: Pittard, Teralich
MID: O'meara, Viney
RUC: Daw, no one else, get an MPP
FOR: Menzel, T Lee

plus ill say the best MPPs

DEF/MID: Vlaustin
DEF/FOR: Staker
FOR/MID: Menzel

nichsa673

I bet you that Kennedy ends up doing better than Menzel in their first year.

Hawks_1976

Rookie rucks a little harder to find this year so far.

The best ruck structure will be:

Premium, Luenberger [ Rookie, Rookie(R/F) ]. With Cox or Nicnat in the fwd line as an insurance policy rather than depending on R3.

In the R1 & R3 slots at the moment I'm going Goldstein and Daw. If Goldy goes down, Daw next in line to come in. Currie needs to prove himself in the magoos which Daw has done for three years.

Leaning towards Cox over Nicnat at the moment, Nicnat had groin surgery and will mis 4 weeks of preseason.

In terms of your other rookies, I think most have been mentioned.

Some previous posts have mentioned stronger bodies getting a game over the lighter framed types.
In my opinion this puts Koby Stevens ahead of Jackson Macrae and Nathan Hrovat at the Dogs and he will be well priced in SC, around the 160k mark.

Ringo

With Rookie rucks if GWS Draft Laycock instead of reinstating Brogan Laycock will be a ruck emergency lock in most teams.

shorty3264

Quote from: Hawks_1976 on December 06, 2012, 01:26:26 AM
Rookie rucks a little harder to find this year so far.

The best ruck structure will be:

Premium, Luenberger [ Rookie, Rookie(R/F) ]. With Cox or Nicnat in the fwd line as an insurance policy rather than depending on R3.

In the R1 & R3 slots at the moment I'm going Goldstein and Daw. If Goldy goes down, Daw next in line to come in. Currie needs to prove himself in the magoos which Daw has done for three years.

Leaning towards Cox over Nicnat at the moment, Nicnat had groin surgery and will mis 4 weeks of preseason.

In terms of your other rookies, I think most have been mentioned.

Some previous posts have mentioned stronger bodies getting a game over the lighter framed types.
In my opinion this puts Koby Stevens ahead of Jackson Macrae and Nathan Hrovat at the Dogs and he will be well priced in SC, around the 160k mark.
yeh in response to your Koby Stevens call, i reckon he is bargain, will play all season, is a gun in the making, raring for AFL action. lock him in i say!

Footyrulz

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 06, 2012, 12:19:20 AM
I bet you that Kennedy ends up doing better than Menzel in their first year.
That may well be the case, Menzel will be a bargain for Carlton but might take a few years. If he doesn't play at all this season,lock him in for 2014!!

Dave80

mdon11

If he gets promoted Sam Dwyer from Collingwood looks good.

If I remember correctly Collingwood has two spots to upgrade and one will obviously be Ben Hudson, this leaves the other one.