A new approach to the midfield

Started by Jroo, November 30, 2012, 06:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 04, 2012, 02:31:52 PM
I really don't mind people not talking about Paddy Dangerman!! Gives me a chance to move up the rankings ;D

He started the year slowley having to ajust to life as a full time midfielder after Craig left him forward to long, once he began to realize how he could dominate, dominate he did, look at his late season brownlow run to back this up!!

Rd 16 - 110
Rd 17 - 138
Rd 18 - 133
Rd 19 - 127
Rd 20 - 187
Rd 21 - 134
Rd 22 - 106, he and Thommo started this first half very slowly (tired boy), second half he dominated
Rd 23 - 169

Kids only 22 and was his first full year in the guts, he will only get better ;)
I actually didn't put him in because I didn't think he would be that unique.
I expect a few people to put him in and I will defintley be considering him!

tbagrocks

:P yeah thought so, I was bored and responding the the "Haven't seen his name pop up very often"

Also I had him last year and he blitzed it first half at about 114 before he got tired, don't think he will drop off like that in 2013 with another of Sando's pre season training, the Sloaneburger ;D That would be unique

Jroo

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 04, 2012, 02:42:43 PM
:P yeah thought so, I was bored and responding the the "Haven't seen his name pop up very often"

Also I had him last year and he blitzed it first half at about 114 before he got tired, don't think he will drop off like that in 2013 with another of Sando's pre season training, the Sloaneburger ;D That would be unique
Sloane is my favorite Crow boy  :P
Picked him this year and was flying at the start of the year. Dropped of a little towards the end, but would still say he was a great pick up. Can't see why he couldn't do it in 2013

basil3134

Quote from: JROO8 on December 04, 2012, 02:49:21 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 04, 2012, 02:42:43 PM

Sloane is my favorite Crow boy  :P
Picked him this year and was flying at the start of the year. Dropped of a little towards the end, but would still say he was a great pick up. Can't see why he couldn't do it in 2013

thinking Sloane now instead of one of my 600K + prems  to free up cash for forward upgrade

Holz

Mundy has been locked in my team for a while and i have redden too. Both i can see breaking 110

Milney1234

I'm going with: Ablett, M Murphy, Selwood, Carrazzo (avg 107 unsubbed 2012) Luke Ball, Brad Crouch, Jack Viney and Jaeger O'Meara

dmac07

At the moment going with ablett, swan, Pendles, Kennedy and cotchin then 3 rookies on the field.. Might as well puck premiums I'm confident will be top 10.

freddo81

Right now I've gone with Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Mundy, Ball, Koby Stevens, Viney, Crouch (O'Meara, T. Menzel)

batt

Ryan Griffen is SO severely underrated he doesn't even get a mention in here  ;D.  On pure talent he's a top 10 player in the mids.  Yes, that sounds a bit extravagant but I really feel at the top of his game he can affect a game better than anyone else.  It's just a shame he's on a team of youth and doesn't get good wrap because of it.

Either him or Redden will surely breakout into some consistency and hit 110.  At the moment it's between those two and Fyfe for M4, but heck, I have so much manlove for this guy.  He has off games but finished out the season really strongly and has a great SOS for the first half of the year.

Has anyone else even considered him?  He's only 27 this year so there's still room for improvement. 

N.B:  His fractured hand right before round 1 clearly impeded him for the first few rounds and had an effect on his scores.

The_Captain

Quote from: batt on January 30, 2013, 10:34:41 PM
Ryan Griffen is SO severely underrated he doesn't even get a mention in here  ;D.  On pure talent he's a top 10 player in the mids.  Yes, that sounds a bit extravagant but I really feel at the top of his game he can affect a game better than anyone else.  It's just a shame he's on a team of youth and doesn't get good wrap because of it.

Either him or Redden will surely breakout into some consistency and hit 110.  At the moment it's between those two and Fyfe for M4, but heck, I have so much manlove for this guy.  He has off games but finished out the season really strongly and has a great SOS for the first half of the year.

Has anyone else even considered him?  He's only 27 this year so there's still room for improvement. 

N.B:  His fractured hand right before round 1 clearly impeded him for the first few rounds and had an effect on his scores.

I have, but either him or Boyd is always tagged. I believe Griffen can be more influential than Boyd when on song. But teams are quick to stop him. Don't think he will get that 110 average because he will be tagged before it gets to that stage!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: dmac07 on January 28, 2013, 02:29:02 PM
At the moment going with ablett, swan, Pendles, Kennedy and cotchin then 3 rookies on the field.. Might as well puck premiums I'm confident will be top 10.

looks good mate

dmac07

Quote from: noto07 on January 30, 2013, 10:41:51 PM
Quote from: batt on January 30, 2013, 10:34:41 PM

I have, but either him or Boyd is always tagged. I believe Griffen can be more influential than Boyd when on song. But teams are quick to stop him. Don't think he will get that 110 average because he will be tagged before it gets to that stage!

Even if griffen can hit a 110 average that's not enough to make me pick him. To be top 10 mids will need to average at least 115 a game, and not enough value in him to pick him up to make cash or as a stepping stone, I.e ball/embley.

meow meow

Take a look at Griffen in 2011.

He was the 15th best midfielder by average.
He played more games than Selwood, Mitchell, Rocky and Daisy so he would have been a better pick than those guys if you played a 70 averaging rookie in their place for the weeks they missed. Moves him up to 11th best mid.

Griffen for a top 10 spot is completely possible.

dmac07

He may go close to making it. But would not look at taking him over swan/pendles/kennedy for the sake of 100k. May prove me wrong as he does have the talent, but with not much around him at the dogs gets a lot of attention and hasn't always handled it as well as the real top flight mids.

batt

Quote from: dmac07 on January 31, 2013, 03:51:45 PM
He may go close to making it. But would not look at taking him over swan/pendles/kennedy for the sake of 100k.
I entirely agree that the top tier mids are worth the extra 100k.  He's in a bit of an awkward price bracket as well.  Who knows if I'll start him, but he sits in my team currently.