2012 Games: 12

2012 Ave: 51.7

Centuries: 0

Highs: 83 vs Brisbane

Lows: 16 vs St Kilda, 18 vs Richmond, 31 vs Sydney

FanPlanner Price: $274,600

Position: Defence

Thoughts
The injury riddled Suban is a forgotten man. A relatively high pick (#24, 2008), Suban promised a lot in his early years as a rebounding defender with a lovely left-boot and there was even talk a couple of years ago he might have a role in the midfield. In his second year he showed glimpses of what he could produce and come 2011 he look set to really break out and cement his spot in the Fremantle half-back line/midfield, he started brilliantly with scores of 77, 113 and 104 before he broke his leg against North Melbourne in round 4, he missed three months of footy. Such a promising year cut short, come 2012 and the appointment of Ross Lyon as coach, Suban’s role in the backline changed from a playmaker to locking down on the opposition’s small forwards. His stats reflected this, averaging just 10.6 disposals and 51.7 SC points. The Ross Lyon affect has no doubt got Suban playing a much more defensive role which is an absolute “no go” in Supercoach.

Verdict
Really liked him a couple of years back, but now with what seems to be a permanent positional change I can’t see his scores going anywhere near what we want in fantasy land. Fremantle did lose Broughton, but also got Danyle Pearce who will play across the half-back line. Watch his pre season in terms of his role, but I would have to say no.

Prediction

quinny88

The_Captain

nrich102

nrich102

Adamant

I started with him in 2011, started very well before breaking his ankle.

Will have to pass this year though, can see him being used as the sub A LOT.

batt

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-20/suban-in-the-centre

Always had the talent... never had the endurance to string anything together.  Could easily see him averaging 90 this season.  Might even be bold enough to play him at D4 to get mega-scoring in the other two lines.

LF

Quote from: batt on February 20, 2013, 06:52:02 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-20/suban-in-the-centre

Always had the talent... never had the endurance to string anything together.  Could easily see him averaging 90 this season.  Might even be bold enough to play him at D4 to get mega-scoring in the other two lines.

As I said in the DT section I don`t buy it until I see it
Remember the article that was written last season about Broughton getting more midfield time and we all know what happened there don`t we.

Jroo

SCHQ interviewed Suban's teammate, Hayden Crozier and apparently Suban has been tearing up the track. If Suban does get more midfield time, then I reckon he's one to keep an eye on!
http://www.supercoachhq.com/2/post/2013/02/interview-with-hayden-crozier.html

SydneyRox

yeah, some good articles being written about nick. has gone to the top of my watchlist