Main Menu

Richmond leadership group

Started by quinny88, November 30, 2012, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Maric and Grimes added to the leadership group in 2013. They join Cotchin, Deledio, Riewoldt and Jackson.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/151938/default.aspx

Like the inclusion of Grimes and Maric, they have earned their spot.
Jackson must be a star off the field because he certainly shows very little leadership on the field. He is undisciplined, gives away stupid free kicks, 50 meter penalties gets reported and butchers the ball almost every time he touches it :o

Toga

yeah good choices imo, good to have a young defender in the leadership group for sure!

yeah Jacko obviously is a very good role model off the field I think, shown by his winning of the Jim Stynes award on Brownlow night, but i agree, he needs to start translating that into not being a dickhead on the field!

Nige

Good on Ivan and Grimesy!

And if Jacko could act on the field like he does off it, he could win more than the Jim Stynes award... ::)

Ziplock

I dont understand why you would remove newman.

yeah, he's old now, and he's passed the captaincy down to a younger player, but surely that doesn't mean his leadership skills have depreciated :/

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on November 30, 2012, 05:49:36 PM

yeah, he's old now, and he's passed the captaincy down to a younger player, but surely that doesn't mean his leadership skills have depreciated :/

It says in the article he stepped down from the position (so he can focus more on his footy rather than leadership).

Also, I agree with the article in that his leadership will still be dominant out there even if he isn't in an official leadership group.

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on November 30, 2012, 05:52:29 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 30, 2012, 05:49:36 PM

It says in the article he stepped down from the position (so he can focus more on his footy rather than leadership).

Also, I agree with the article in that his leadership will still be dominant out there even if he isn't in an official leadership group.

Yeah he wouldn't be removed. He is a natural leader regardless and doesn't need to be officially recognised in the leadership group to be a great leader

elephants

Kellogscrunchynut

quinny88

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 09, 2012, 06:20:59 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 08, 2012, 10:09:07 PM
The lack of Houli here sucks :P
Give him a year or 2.

Houli seems like someone that would be a leader around the club. Not always easy to tell from the outside though

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on December 09, 2012, 07:06:04 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 09, 2012, 06:20:59 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 08, 2012, 10:09:07 PM
The lack of Houli here sucks :P
Give him a year or 2.

Houli seems like someone that would be a leader around the club. Not always easy to tell from the outside though

+1. Didn't realise he is only 24 as well! :o

Toga

And the day after we discuss his leadership qualities... There's an article about his leadership in the community! :P

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-10/award-honour-for-tiger

quinny88

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on December 10, 2012, 02:44:51 PM
Chocco has Dusty firing on all cylinders :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-10/choco-has-martin-in-extraordinary-shape

i was very happy to hear this, sounds like he's doing wonders with our young lads!

Nige

Quote from: Toga on December 11, 2012, 12:16:08 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 10, 2012, 02:44:51 PM
Chocco has Dusty firing on all cylinders :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-10/choco-has-martin-in-extraordinary-shape

i was very happy to hear this, sounds like he's doing wonders with our young lads!

+1 Choco coming to the club was a great thing and it looks like he's already making an impact. Imagine the things he'll do to help us once the season begins!  ::)