DOB: 14/1/1994

Height: 184cm

Weight: 83kg

Draft Selection: 2011 mini-draft

AFL Club: Adelaide

FanPlanner Price: $100,200

Position: Midfield

Thoughts
After being taken as part of the GWS mini-draft in 2011, Crouch spent 2012 playing in the SANFL and showed signs of what he is capable of, highlighted by his goal in the SANFL preliminary final against North Adelaide where he was 50m out on the boundary at a crucial stage of the game, he calmly went back and finished with class. He is a tough on-baller with explosive speed, sublime skills and knows how to find plenty of the footy. He was ineligible to play AFL throughout 2012 but no doubt playing against seasoned players each week and training with his AFL teammates has fast tracked not only his football but his understanding of what it takes at AFL level. Crouch would’ve been selected in the top five picks if he was on the table at this year’s draft, given a injury free pre season he is a serious chance to play round one next year and has a mature body which will allow him to make an instant impact.

Verdict
At a bargain basement price, Crouch must be seriously considered. He has flown under the radar somewhat given he was picked up a year ago as a 17 year-old, he is ready for AFL action. With the new rule change for Supercoach 2013, now having to select 8 midfielders it will be hard to go past Crouch. Will be in my side, whether that be bench or M8.

Prediction
Very exciting prospect, 78   

Nige

He'll definitely be hard to go past now with the rule changes. The Crouch/Jaeger/Viney/Wines combo could be quite common.

quinny88

CrowsFan

Quote from: shorty3264 on November 30, 2012, 12:55:09 PM
Crouch spent 2012 playing in the SANFL and showed signs of what he is capable of, highlighted by his goal in the SANFL preliminary final against North Adelaide where he was 50m out on the boundary at a crucial stage of the game, he calmly went back and finished with class.
You know that was the only goal he kicked all year! He needs to work on his goal kicking since he finished with figures of 1 goal and 10 behinds from his 17 SANFL games.
Averaged 19 disposals a game and 69.94 DT points per game, so is a lock if he is named round 1 (which he should be) :)

shorty3264

oh yeh haha, knew he wasnt playing forward lol, didnt realize it was his only goal. decent highlight though.
yeh I think he'll play round one.

Dudge

From all reports, this kid is a gun. Would of gone early in the draft, and seems comfortable playing against men.  The only thing with all the gun kids coming in this season, is the pace of AFL compared to where they were playing. In saying that, i have no doubt some will adapt quite easily and some may take time to. But this kid does seem like he is ready

CrowsFan

Quote from: Dudge on November 30, 2012, 05:25:40 PM
From all reports, this kid is a gun. Would of gone early in the draft, and seems comfortable playing against men.  The only thing with all the gun kids coming in this season, is the pace of AFL compared to where they were playing. In saying that, i have no doubt some will adapt quite easily and some may take time to. But this kid does seem like he is ready
Playing in the SANFL would be at a faster pace than playing in the TAC Cup that all the Victorian kids play in so will certainly help him adapt quicker than them I reckon. Will also adapt quicker than Jaeger in my opinion since Crouch played in a higher standard league this season than Jaeger playing in the NEAFL :)

The_Captain

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 01, 2012, 01:46:15 AM
Quote from: Dudge on November 30, 2012, 05:25:40 PM
Playing in the SANFL would be at a faster pace than playing in the TAC Cup that all the Victorian kids play in so will certainly help him adapt quicker than them I reckon. Will also adapt quicker than Jaeger in my opinion since Crouch played in a higher standard league this season than Jaeger playing in the NEAFL :)

Adelaide bloke knows his stuff! Good enough for me, hes locked!

kilbluff1985

nrich102

Adamant

Was initially 50/50 on him, but with increased mid spots, he is a definite lock.

nrich102

Quote from: Adamant on December 08, 2012, 05:19:40 PM
Was initially 50/50 on him, but with increased mid spots, he is a definite lock.
+1

Jay

SydneyRox