dmac07

Stats:

Ave â€" 2012: 92.7 (9/19 centuries)
           2011: 75.6

Fanplanner Price - $492,900

Position â€" Def

Age â€" 28 at seasons start.

D-Mac’s Thoughts:

‘Duff Man’, returned to form late last year after a poor 2011 and finished the season strongly with 100’s in six of his last seven games. A durable rebounding defender having missed just five games in the past five years he regularly posts scores in the 80-120 range without often going huge. Turning 28 early in the year he should maintain his recent scoring. The departure of Broughton from the Fremantle and the expected movement of the side up the ladder in many people’s eyes may provide a small boost to his scoring.

D-Mac’s Verdict:

A reliable, know what you get defender. Comes with a premium price tag but won’t let you down, is more durable than other defenders and may boost his average slightly so worth considering as a starter. Still, not enough upside for me to start with him though and will look to him as an upgrade target.

D-Mac’s Prediction:

quinny88

Not sure on duffman. I think the ross lyon factor puts me off him a little

dmac07

Yeah I'm the same, perhaps an upgrade for D6-7 if going well in the second half of the season.

Legen...DARY

From round 18 right through the finals series, Duffield averaged 113! Watch during preseason as to what role the Duffman is given. If he is still sweeping the half back line lock him in. Also R11 bye.

Adamant

I'm locking him in. Very underpriced from his sub affected games, and will smash it with Broughton gone. Thanks mate. :)

GM

Could the inclusion of Daniel Pearce hinder his output as the go to defender?

The_Captain

On the watch list for now.. Too many better premos at the moment

JamSainter

Name me 5 better defence premiums for 2013 who are his price or higher?

quinny88

Quote from: JamSainter on December 03, 2012, 08:04:10 PM

Well there are only 7 players all up that are his price or higher but he should avg around the same as them if he keeps the same roll

The_Captain

Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2012, 08:28:55 PM
Quote from: JamSainter on December 03, 2012, 08:04:10 PM

Well there are only 7 players all up that are his price or higher but he should avg around the same as them if he keeps the same roll

Yeh just hope that Lyon isnt a douche a make him into something he's not !!

JamSainter

Exactly, he is at that price for a reason.
He is a good player and is improving.
Lyon found a good role for him in the second half of the season and will hopefully/should retain that Fantasy Friendly role.
Nearly a lock for me (after analysis of his NAB Cup form).

quinny88

Quote from: JamSainter on December 03, 2012, 09:23:46 PM
Exactly, he is at that price for a reason.
He is a good player and is improving.
Lyon found a good role for him in the second half of the season and will hopefully/should retain that Fantasy Friendly role.
Nearly a lock for me (after analysis of his NAB Cup form).

Hope so. Rebounding defenders = supercoach gold

tbagrocks