2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Nick Vlastuin

Started by TheAnt, November 28, 2012, 07:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

Nick Vlastuin

Type:
The player nick named 'Tigger' by his mother seemed destined to end up at Richmond. Tough, in and under, he has said he models his game on Luke Ball and Brad Sewell. He's got a bit of Damien Hardwick in him aswell, but he includes poise and creativity with his ball winning ability and tackling. Vlastuin is ready made for AFL, though he plays as an inside mid he will most likely start his Richmond days on the half back line with Ellis and Morris.

FanPlanner Price: 144,200
Position: C
Stats:
8 out of 10 matches rated in the best list for the TAC cup.
3.8 Uncontested marks per game
6.3 Tackles per game

Thoughts:
With the deep pool of midfield talent in the draft, Vlastuin is being over looked by a lot of people, to be honest I don't expect him to be a big score and I expect him to end up a bit like Ellis this year, just consistently getting you 60-75 and at times pushing the century mark. Won't be the sub in my mind because he's not very explosive and now with some more small/medium fowards they'll find them selves being the sub more often. His contested ball winning ability could be SuperCoach gold but I expect him to take little stints in the midfield before becoming a ready made replacement for Shane Tuck.

Verdict:
Not a bad option and will probably earn games, bit unique considering most of the first round mids being picked are Whitfield, Stringer, Wines, Omeara and Viney are also being picked by many. He should be solid bench cover and a decent cash cow.

Verdict: I'm tossing up between him and a few others but at this stage do not have him in my team. I wouldn't be suprised though if his NAB form makes me place him in my team

2013 SuperCoach Score Prediction: 71

Adamant

Absolute lock in my team if DEF/MID DPP. Nice write up mate.

quinny88

Dont usually like spending that much on rookies but like adamant said, if he's dpp then I may seriously consider

TheAnt

Yeah would be a very popular pick in defence. Cheers

kilbluff1985

Not worth the 144k if he only going to average around 75 imo unless lack of other options which i doubt

Nige

As much as I want to pick him, there are better options. I did have Ellis last year though, so if he ends up doing what Ellis did it's a maybe. DPP will certainly make him worth consideration.

TheAnt

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 29, 2012, 11:00:09 PM
Not worth the 144k if he only going to average around 75 imo unless lack of other options which i doubt
Well an average of 75 will increase his price to around the 300-400 mark you'd think.

TheAnt

Jroo

The_Captain

If this guy gets a game, will be highly considered.

kilbluff1985

being d/m now if named round 1 i'll get him in hard to see him being named round 1 though

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 01, 2012, 08:49:54 PM
being d/m now if named round 1 i'll get him in hard to see him being named round 1 though
If he does he's a lock

quinny88

Anyone else like the look of him tonight?
He is a ready made player IMO. Smart, uses the ball well, cool headed. I would play him round one although it is a hard call weather he will or not

Grazz

Had him in my team for a while now, well not awhile since the game in Alice Springs V The Allstars, saw a couple of things i liked.
Would like him to start rnd 1.

quinny88

Quote from: Grazz on February 23, 2013, 02:14:08 AM
Had him in my team for a while now, well not awhile since the game in Alice Springs V The Allstars, saw a couple of things i liked.
Would like him to start rnd 1.

Looks like he has played 100 games. He is at a premium price though for someone with shaky JS. Really hope he gets a game round 1