Mitch Morton in Sydney best 22?

Started by chaosAD, November 28, 2012, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 29, 2012, 08:17:04 AM
You have to remember he only played finals footy because McGlynn and Rohan were completely out with injury and Bolton still had a damaged PCL.

He also still has to try and fight ahead of people like Everitt, Cunningham, Armstrong, Lamb and even remember now. These players all generally wash in and out of the side and Morton probably won't be much different.

John Longmuir won't really care about people's Grand Final performances on round 1 selection day. Morton just needs to work harder than the other potential fillers.

So I'd still say no, over 180k wouldn't be worth it

He only played finals so he should be base priced shouldn't he? ???

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Toga on November 29, 2012, 10:44:47 PM
You have to remember he only played finals footy because McGlynn and Rohan were completely out with injury and Bolton still had a damaged PCL.

He also still has to try and fight ahead of people like Everitt, Cunningham, Armstrong, Lamb and even remember now. These players all generally wash in and out of the side and Morton probably won't be much different.

John Longmuir won't really care about people's Grand Final performances on round 1 selection day. Morton just needs to work harder than the other potential fillers.

I forgot about that.

Even if he does get games, he's more of a Tommy Walsh style rookie who won't score much

The_Captain

Guys a spud. Third club now.. So many better options.

quinny88

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 29, 2012, 10:57:03 PM
Quote from: Toga on November 29, 2012, 10:44:47 PM

I forgot about that.

Even if he does get games, he's more of a Tommy Walsh style rookie who won't score much

That is true that he only played finals due to injury but when given the opportunity he took it with both hands, thats all he can do to earn a spot and he did that.
He isnt that bad of a scorer either.
Avg of 66 in 2008
Avg of 78 in 2009
Avg of 75 in 2010
barely played in 2011 then avg of 63 over the finals in 2012.

For a rookie priced player those are pretty good looking averages to me. If he's named round one he has to be considered

Ricochet

Quote from: noto07 on November 29, 2012, 11:04:49 PM
a spud with a premiership tho :D

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on November 30, 2012, 01:20:29 AM

Plenty worse than him with one!

Still wont get a look in for my team, even if he is named round 1

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on November 30, 2012, 01:20:29 AM

Yeh that is true! Blokes like Armstrong from eagles ring a bell...

Capper

stew42

Sadly another option for a smokey is gone.

Or perhaps more appropriately, became more smokier...  :o

Toga

Quote from: tabs on December 20, 2012, 06:35:30 PM
2013 Dream picker price $269,800

can someone tell me why the flower he is at that price?! ???

he didn't play a game during the H&A season but somehow he is more expensive than Knights and co. ???

Ziplock

the pricings have been a flowering joke this year.

Football Factory

At that price  ???    they may aswell just take him out

henry

Yeah can't see the logic at all behind that price. Don't want to make it too easy for us I guess  ::). No chance for me now, would have almost been locked at 100k.

Ricochet

what the hell?? A few of the other price surprises weren't too bad but this is ridiculous.

SydneyRox

They could have made him $1 and I still wouldnt have.

You need to play games to score points.... he will be lucky to play 3 all season