Mitch Morton in Sydney best 22?

Started by chaosAD, November 28, 2012, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

This bloke is a great forward bench option at a base price if he's in the best 22, what does everyone think?

underdog11

I couldn't squeeze him in in my 22. A lot depends on Bolton, how often he plays and were, I would say very rotational at best. Have a look at my article and see if you can find him some room

Capper

nice article underdog but alot of the Sydney fans have put their ideas together as well. IMO Rohan comes in for him when fit but still not in the best 22 without Rohan

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68822.0.html

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html

Barra17

Ricochet

Capper

Quote from: Barra on November 28, 2012, 05:48:03 PM
He did play finals footy though....
true but he will be fighting McGlynn and Rohan for his spot. Will be interesting to see. If his is selected round 1 i can see alot of people jumping on him.

SydneyRox

I cant see it working for him if Tippett comes in. McGlynn is certainly best 22 over Morton, and IMO Rohan as well.

Mitch is going to earn a place if he gets it, but wouldnt rate him a fantasy option.

Mailman the 2nd

Can't see him as a regular in the team unless forwards get a bad run for injury

Kellogscrunchynut

Would need to performing rather solidly in the Nab cup to get 1st round selection, if I were to have him I would want to upgrade/downgrade as soon as possible because someone can always rise to the occasion and usurp him of his spot.

quinny88

Think people are playing him down a little as if it would be a huge achievement for him to play round 1... He did just played in a finals series and a premiership and played well and an important roll. Would think that month of footy would see him playing round 1 unless he's been eating pies all off season. He earned his colours, I think a spot will be made available to him although in saying that he will always only be a bad game or 2 away from being dropped.

tbagrocks

Not so sure, he will be a rookie price but will he play the games we need? Still, like a Hartlett ot Higgins backer he just needs to play games, but still I am very wary! Maybe follow his attutude over summer and if he seems to be commited then get on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cant see why not he has been likened to the next matthew lloyd, i would say matthew lloyd would be in every afl teams best 22 so that means morton is in everyones best 22

Mailman the 2nd

You have to remember he only played finals footy because McGlynn and Rohan were completely out with injury and Bolton still had a damaged PCL.

He also still has to try and fight ahead of people like Everitt, Cunningham, Armstrong, Lamb and even remember now. These players all generally wash in and out of the side and Morton probably won't be much different.

John Longmuir won't really care about people's Grand Final performances on round 1 selection day. Morton just needs to work harder than the other potential fillers.

So I'd still say no, over 180k wouldn't be worth it

stew42

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 29, 2012, 08:17:04 AM
You have to remember he only played finals footy because McGlynn and Rohan were completely out with injury and Bolton still had a damaged PCL.

He also still has to try and fight ahead of people like Everitt, Cunningham, Armstrong, Lamb and even remember now. These players all generally wash in and out of the side and Morton probably won't be much different.

John Longmuir won't really care about people's Grand Final performances on round 1 selection day. Morton just needs to work harder than the other potential fillers.

+1
Morton was in when McGlynn and Rohan were in, both of them are definitely above him. Bolton could also slot into the forward line.
Just goes to show the depth the Swans have, even with our delistings.

Capper

Quote from: stew42 on November 29, 2012, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 29, 2012, 08:17:04 AM

+1
Morton was in when McGlynn and Rohan were in, both of them are definitely above him. Bolton could also slot into the forward line.
Just goes to show the depth the Swans have, even with our delistings.
Morton was in the line up when McGlynn was in the line up as he beat Armstrong and Everitt for the spot. Its between Rohan, Morton, McGlynn, Bolton, Lamb, Cunningham for 2 spots atm