2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Kamdyn McIntosh

Started by TheAnt, November 28, 2012, 12:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

Kamdyn McIntosh

Type:
To some people this was an odd choice, this was seen as another player to add to Richmonds backline depth. However Dimma has tipped him to start as a winger, and he may just become the outside mid Richmond needs. He has a mixture of Batchelor, Grimes and Lids in the fact that he has good closing speed/acceleration and intercept marking, and is he damaging with either foot or by hand. He is yet another left footer to be recruited in recent years. Could turn into the Fyfe/Pendlebury mould with his awkward height and good overhead marking for a potential midfielder. He has poise and class written all over him.

FanPlanner Price: 94,000
Position: B
Stats:
Kamdyn played four games in the seniors for Peel Thunder in the WAFL
Disposals: 17.5
Some Combine results
Beep test: 14.8 (Done in hot weather)
3km time trial: 10:14

Thoughts:
I think this guy will suprise a few, will pick up games and put some players under pressure for their spot in their team. True to all four Richmond recruits, this guy has a damaging foot and will be utilized well in his first year in a Clinton Young type role before he bulks up a little bit. So watch his pre-season, look for him if he gets named round 1.

Verdict:
I would consider playing him, Houli in particular didn't have a great year considering his first year at the tigers. A lot will depend on his pre-season and how he looks in the NAB cup. One to watch and someone who could be a decent cash cow

2013 SuperCoach Score Prediction: 70-75

quinny88

Nice write up Ant, even as a tiges supporter I didnt know much about him tbh.
Sounds like a very SC relevant type but just cant see him getting enough regular games. I think Richmond are beyond the point of playing all of our kids to develop them. The team is pretty settled at last and guys like this will have to really work hard to get a crack. All of that said, if he manages to get named round one then he would have to be considered

Adamant

Kellogscrunchynut

Apart from Vlastuin I can't see tiger rooks having much job security.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 01, 2012, 02:38:39 AM
+1 Yeah, Vlastuin's got job security. Not too sure about the rest though.

The_Captain

If he gets a game will have to seriously consider!

kilbluff1985

nrich102

blewy09

For an ongoing competition, would this be a good pick up as a rookie for the future?
Richmond have a strong group of youngsters now.

Sabretooth Tigers

8)
191 cms and 88 kgs. Nice size for the youngster. NAB Cup watch for sure. Go the Tigers.

Fishtopher

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 01, 2012, 02:38:39 AM
Can anyone go into a bit more depth as to why everyone is saying Vlastuin has such great JS?

Ziplock

I dont see it either- he'll get games, but he'll be competing with players like morris/ ellis for a spot wont he?

TheAnt

Not if Ellis is moved to the mids...Vlastuin is more of a genuine contested ball winner then either Morris or Ellis- I must admit getting Morris, Ellis and Vlastuin for pick 9, and downgrading 14 (Devon Smith I believe) to 15 has been a master stroke. Getting closer to the NAB it seems the more likelier rookies to earn a spot are both Vlastuin and McDonough, who's a big dark horse to get a small forward role.

Ziplock

Ellis moves to the mids, then who gets pushed out?

conca, cotchin, deledio, foley, grigg, tuck

thats not even including players rotating through like martin etc....

Fishtopher

Quote from: Ziplock on January 24, 2013, 02:33:08 AM
Ellis moves to the mids, then who gets pushed out?

conca, cotchin, deledio, foley, grigg, tuck

thats not even including players rotating through like martin etc....
No chance Richmond supporters are getting ahead of themselves is there?  ;)