dmac07

Stats

Ave:   2012 - 81.5 (6 centuries)
         2011 â€" 97.7

Games Played: 22

Fanplanner Price: $432,900

Position: Forward

D-Mac’s Thoughts:

Cloke underperformed in 2012, no doubt about it. Whether it was contract negotiations, or for other reasons we was well below his best, yet still managed an average of 81. Whether you love him or hate him, the guy has a lot of talent and can regularly bust out big 100s when fit and firing. At 25 should be in his prime and has proved durable, missing only two games in the past three years.

D-Mac’s Verdict:

A key forward so inherently risky, but with his lead up marking doesn’t need to kick a lot of goals to score well. Underpriced this year and think he can definitely recapture his 2011 form where he averaged close to 100 and scored tons in 11/22 games. A risk well worth considering.

D-Mac’s Prediction:

A little up and down, but a solid 99.

kilbluff1985

nice write up ;)

but not underpriced enough for me other players i want for roughly the same price and to many midprice players Lecras etc cant find a spot for him in my team

if he drops down in price early might be a good upgrade target but otherwise it's a NO

AFEV

Had a horror of a year and still averaged over 80.
At 430k he's definitely on my radar.

Awesome write up. :))

Shihan7

quinny88

He killed me this year but the day he re signed he came back into contention for 2013.
Will be wary of picking him, ill want to hear of a big pre season and see him looking fit and confident in nab cup before I strongly consider but for now he has to be someone to atleast keep an eye on

Adamant

Should definitely bounce back and average 90-95ish. Seriously considering.

The_Captain

theta

Im not confident Cloke will recapture his 2011 form - Malthouse's 2011 game plan seemed to result in far more inside 50s which resulted in Cloke's stats....well that's my theory anyway. 

Also was burnt by Cloke in 2010 and 2012, cant seem to bring myself to back him again, even at a tempting $436k.

jhello234

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: Adamant on November 29, 2012, 02:15:05 AM
Should definitely bounce back and average 90-95ish. Seriously considering.

He should perform better than last year but 90-95ish, does that make him good value this year?

I think with the plethora of high scoring rucks that are DPP this year puts him on the outer.

Keeper27

if he performs well could very well be an upgrade target

quinny88

Martin, Broughton and Cloke are all guys I hated in my team last year and now hear I am considering all 3 again  :o

tbagrocks

Pav, Buddy and Tex should all out score Cloke, what Trav does have is a cheap price, and with 30 trades it could be worth it, even if he doesn't get to 100 he will still make money, then swap him to Buddy or another high scorer, I would imagine the top 6 will all be 100 or higher

theta

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2012, 05:56:44 PM
Pav, Buddy and Tex should all out score Cloke, what Trav does have is a cheap price, and with 30 trades it could be worth it, even if he doesn't get to 100 he will still make money, then swap him to Buddy or another high scorer, I would imagine the top 6 will all be 100 or higher

This. 

Im thinking if cloke can get on a roll for 2-3 games with some big scores it'll go a long way to making that upgrade.... unfortunately he'll also have a run of low scores which will test our sanity on the way   :-\

T Dog