Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Shane Kersten

Weight: 92cm

Height: 191cm

Club: Geelong

Position: Key Forward

Debut: Yet to Debut

VFL Average 2012: 62.82 (70, 98, 119, 37, 81, 66, 23, 42, 48, 65, 71, 89, 26, 27, 104, 31, 71)

Background: Shane Kersten is a smaller KPF prospect for the Cats who is in a similar mold to Jack Darling. While they both have similar attributes, their bodies are also very similar. I was surprised that Kersten was not given an opportunity for the Cats considering he has a ready made physique and the fact that Josh Walker was given games. Kersten has spent the past year in the reserves, where he has on most occasions monstered full backs, gaining 3 best on ground performances and kicking  38 goals for the season with a high of 6 goals against the Casey Scorpions.

Verdict: All rookie priced forwards should come into consideration but i think Kersten could have a good year and be given opportunities at some stage for a long period of games, despite being a KPF. The only knock on Kersten is that he can rely on goals for his DT scoring but as a third tall his tackling could come into effect and boost his scores. He also prefers to kick rather than handball. I gather i will have Kersten in my team at some stage depending on when he gets games.

Predicted Average: 69

tbagrocks

While the Pod is still there he will struggle for a game! But once the Pod's form drops or he retires this kid will boom on the scene! So I don't think he will be viable in 2013, but eyes firmly on for 2014 also for the Llamas ;)