EDIT: Best 22 for all clubs post draft, now finished!

Started by underdog11, November 26, 2012, 06:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Bombers

Quote from: meow meow on November 26, 2012, 10:23:40 PM
I'm the only person around here who gives a shower about the Bulldogs so I'll have a crack at them.

B: Morris, Roughead, Murphy
HB: Wood, Talia, Howard
C: Libba, Wallis, Picken
HF: Dahlhaus, Williams, Higgins
F: Dickson, Minson, Stringer
R: Campbell, Boyd, Griffen
I: Cross, Clay, Koby, Cooney

E: Grant. Cordy, Jong, Gia

Edit: forgot about Dickson
Whoa you just dropped Gia!
Don't know much about the dogs but could any of the under performing forwards, Jones, Grant, Cordy be taught to play as a back?

meow meow

Quote from: Bones Bombers on November 26, 2012, 10:34:06 PM
I'm the only person around here who gives a shower about the Bulldogs so I'll have a crack at them.

Don't know much about the dogs but could any of the under performing forwards, Jones, Grant, Cordy be taught to play as a back?

Grant was trialed as a backman at times this year and he looked lost. He's not a KPP and never will be.
Jones is a lead up forward and nothing more. Cordy could possibly play back but having both he and Roughy down there seems unlikely. Markovic can come into the team if needed, but Talia will get games ahead of him.
Howard has shaky JS. Picken and even Higgins could take his place allowing another mid/fwd (Gia/Grant/Macrae) to come into the team, or a half back like Pearce, Jong or JJ.
Williams can easily play CHB again, allowing Cordy/Jones into the team.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: meow meow on November 26, 2012, 10:50:28 PM
Quote from: Bones Bombers on November 26, 2012, 10:34:06 PM

Grant was trialed as a backman at times this year and he looked lost. He's not a KPP and never will be.
Jones is a lead up forward and nothing more. Cordy could possibly play back but having both he and Roughy down there seems unlikely. Markovic can come into the team if needed, but Talia will get games ahead of him.
Howard has shaky JS. Picken and even Higgins could take his place allowing another mid/fwd (Gia/Grant/Macrae) to come into the team, or a half back like Pearce, Jong or JJ.
Williams can easily play CHB again, allowing Cordy/Jones into the team.
Forgot about Markovic, actually quite like him, think he should play with Lake gone.

Scrads

What are the odds of Hrovat crakcing a spot at some point meow ?

meow meow

Quote from: Scrads on November 26, 2012, 11:05:51 PM

I'd say he is a decent chance. Cross is on the way out, Cooney will miss games. Koby isn't cemented in the 22 by any means. Then there is injuries and drug binges etc. I'm thinking Hrovat will be more of a downgrade target than a starter.

Scrads

Quote from: meow meow on November 26, 2012, 11:14:15 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 26, 2012, 11:05:51 PM

I'd say he is a decent chance. Cross is on the way out, Cooney will miss games. Koby isn't cemented in the 22 by any means. Then there is injuries and drug binges etc. I'm thinking Hrovat will be more of a downgrade target than a starter.

^LOL.

Sweet cheers mate, drafted him in Euro's ;)

strikes91

not that it matters fantasy wise but bewick will be picked over banfield

Spite

Similar Pies set-up for me, nice work!

Although I do think Keefe has a spot in the side and so does blair. Don't forget about macaffer too!

Young would be spewing if he didn't get game time!

Thanks for the work! :)

ADEZ

Quote from: underdog11 on November 26, 2012, 06:36:12 PM

Gold Coast best team:

FB: M.Warnock N.Bock J.Harbrow

HB: T.Murphy C.Cameron T.McKenzie

C:  D.Swallow  K.Hunt  M.Riskitelli 

HF: D.Prestia    S.May   H.Bennell

FF: B.Matera    T.Lynch  D.Stanley

R: Z.Smith G.Ablett G.Broughton

I/C: C.Brown J'O Meara S.Day J.Brennan (sub)

Emg: S.Tape K.Horsley J.Lonergan

Verdict: A few interesting ones here. Gold Coast have a solid midfield, and I'm very worried about O'Meara getting the vest, but I think its unlikely. Lonergan's a tough one, if your'e considering him, I could see him as more of a downgrade option if he could crack there team. Broughton should finally get the midfield spot he deserves, and even not expect at least a 85-90 average from the new sun.

well done here people usually fail when it comes to the GC line up.
love how you havent forgotten May
but Shaw has gotta be there,he doesn't look like much but he will be good
has played 34 games already an averaged 16 touches and 4 marks this year and knows how to run!

Turkies

Grundy isn't in pies best 22. Jolly is #1, rotating with Lynch. Witts and Grundy won't get many games unless there is an injury to Lynch/Jolly. I suspect the plan is to use Grundy/Witts sparingly, and give Jolly a few rests during the season. I don't know how good Kennedy is, but i really find it hard to believe he'd take up a spot over Fasolo. I'm sure he's very talented, but the pies would go with someone more mature who can run out a full season. I'm sure kennedy will get a lot games, but that's because no one ever has there best 22 ready.

I'd also think that Young will be getting games, as we picked him up specifically for some run out of the HB and onto the wing, to link up the back line with the forward line. I'd say its his spot to lose.

Also, the Hudson pick up was for depth. I think we delisted 2-3 ruckmen this year, and if Jolly goes down early, I wouldn't think Witts/Grundy could run out a whole season for us.

So yeah, I'd take out Grundy/Kennedy for Fas/Young...other than that, good job :)

popedelio

This is my guess for WCE

B: Darren Glass   Eric Mackenzie         Beau Waters
HB: Adam Selwood   Will Schofield         Shannon Hurn
C: Matthew Rosa   Scott Selwood         Andrew Gaff
HF: Luke Shuey   Jack Darling         Chris Masten
F: Dean Cox           Josh Kennedy         Mark LeCras
R: Nic Naitanui           Daniel Kerr         Matthew Priddis
I/C: Sharrod Wellingham       Josh Hill   Andrew Embley    sub: Patrick McGinnity
EMG: (Sam Butler   Mark Nicoski   Brad Sheppard)

to justify my choices
DEF: obviously KD Mitch Brown misses out, and rebounder Sam Butler doesn't make the 22 because A.Selwood is shutdown defender, though either players could swap
CTR: I couldnt really find any room for Wellingham to start on the wing or on the flank, which is why he is on the interchange. Same goes with Embley.
FWD: I believe Darling will player higher then Kennedy, though doesn't make a difference, they will both play along the spine. Cox and Nat will swap through forward line. I would have Shuey in the RUCK but Kerr and Priddis take those positions because they are veterans. Shuey and Masten will obviously rotate through midfield along with LeCras.
I/C: Josh Hill played a solid season in 2012, which is why he starts over Nicoski, though both could swap. McGinnity is sub only purely because he is a utility, tough and a pest, also love child of Worsfold 

Eagles have super depth in the midfield and small forwards, not sure how many games Morton, Hams, Sheppard and Dick etc can get if the list is healthy.

dmac07

Fasolo is 100% in the pies best side. Other than that not too bad, Kennedy/Grundy won't start the year, but would be first in if there are any injuries.

underdog11

Quote from: dmac07 on November 28, 2012, 11:34:50 AM
Fasolo is 100% in the pies best side. Other than that not too bad, Kennedy/Grundy won't start the year, but would be first in if there are any injuries.

I am a pies supporter so i am not going to give in to the Fasolo garbage. He is ok, very overrated. Ben Kennedy is a gun and we will look to rotate.

dmac07

Quote from: underdog11 on November 28, 2012, 02:00:41 PM
Quote from: dmac07 on November 28, 2012, 11:34:50 AM

I am a pies supporter so i am not going to give in to the Fasolo garbage. He is ok, very overrated. Ben Kennedy is a gun and we will look to rotate.

Pies fan too, he was our second top goal scorer, and 4th most marks for the side. Think he provides a lot as a small forward who can also take a mark, id say underrated if anything.

roti

Richmond best team:

FB: D.Grimes  A.Rance  S.Morris

HB: C.Newman T.Chaplin B.Houli

C:   S.Tuck    D.Martin  S.Grigg

HF: C.Knights J.Riewoldt J.King

FF: R.Nahas  A.Edwards S.Edwards

R: I.Maric T.Cotchin B.Deledio

I/C: R.Conca L.McBean N.Foley N.Vlastuin (sub)

Emg: B.Ellis D.Jackson M.White

McBean won't be ready to play for about 5 years, lad is a stick! Vickery is a top 10 draft pick who kicked 40 goals in 2011 and was injured in 2012, don't see how you could possibly have McBean ahead of him, thats just my opinion though. Ellis will play as well