Started by Mr.Craig, November 25, 2012, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Sam Rowe

Birthday - 19/11/87
198cm/94kg
Club - Carlton (Yet to debut)
$108,500 Fwd/Ruck

2013 NAB Scores - 60, 18 (59 points per 100 mins)

After spending two unsuccessful years on the Sydney list, Rowe moved to South Australia and played 86 games for Norwood where he rucked and went forward to kick 112 goals. Carlton liked what they saw, picking him up in the 2011 draft and he appeared close to a senior selection but unfortunately that didn't eventuate and things got worse in April when Sam was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He has made a full recovery from cancer and started training again in June. Prior to that he played 2 games in the VFL scoring 43 and 45.

Rowe will have Hampson, Warnock and Kreuzer in his way but none of those players are what you'd describe as durable. He's unlikely to be a safe starting option but might present a handy downgrade option at some point during the season.

Media -

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=144218
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rowe-on-track-for-carlton-20120626-210se.html

YouTube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1EoeD4Nay4

Football Factory

Im keeping my eye on him, could be a good downgrade option like you say .. is a F/R aswell which could be handy.

It's good to see he is over the cancer, hope he does well   :)

PowerMan

Quote from: silky on November 25, 2012, 06:55:34 PM
I wouldn't go near him. If there is ever a tough contest he will pull out of it cos he has no balls.

That is seriously a low thing to say, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Jukes

Quote from: PowerMan on November 25, 2012, 07:27:01 PM
Quote from: silky on November 25, 2012, 06:55:34 PM
I wouldn't go near him. If there is ever a tough contest he will pull out of it cos he has no balls.

That is seriously a low thing to say, you should be ashamed of yourself.

+1 even if I said that it'd be going low

Noz

I just hope he can recover 100% before he even thinks of stepping back onto an AFL field, Will be such an amazing story if he is able to debut.

Ziplock

I heard he could play up front as well?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Ziplock on November 26, 2012, 01:03:13 AM
I heard he could play up front as well?

The YouTube video certainly indicates he's got some skills in that area.

Hawka

Great too see he has recovered from the devastating illness. I think he will be very popular pick if he is a ruck/fwd again and as the 4th ruck who is a very strong chance to get games

Toga

Great to hear that he's back on track, really hope he can achieve his AFL dream.

Could be handy next year with F/R status, and even if he doesn't play early he could provide a handy link to the fwd line while also allowing coaches to utilise the captain's loophole.

mezzoculo

Rowe's is an interesting story. Carlton were planning to draft both Rowe and Duigan from the Redlegs in 2011 season but Rowe didn't want to leave SA prior to finishing his apprenticeship. The Blues drafted Duigan and went back to Rowe once he'd finished and drafted him the next year. He was drafted as a forward - and considering how underwhelming Carlton's forward line was in 2011- he would've played a handful of games. You'd think that he will be given a crack in the pre-season (if his body is good) and could be a starter. He will seriously push Hampson - who is a ruckman first and foremost - and would be a great target at full forward.

Toga

Quote from: mezzoculo on December 13, 2012, 01:48:14 PM
Rowe's is an interesting story. Carlton were planning to draft both Rowe and Duigan from the Redlegs in 2011 season but Rowe didn't want to leave SA prior to finishing his apprenticeship. The Blues drafted Duigan and went back to Rowe once he'd finished and drafted him the next year. He was drafted as a forward - and considering how underwhelming Carlton's forward line was in 2011- he would've played a handful of games. You'd think that he will be given a crack in the pre-season (if his body is good) and could be a starter. He will seriously push Hampson - who is a ruckman first and foremost - and would be a great target at full forward.

that's a very good point. given carlton failed to lure in a big key forward over the off season, he could well play games at full forward! :o

Adamant

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on December 14, 2012, 09:35:38 PM
R4 loophole anyone?

I'm taking Hamling, he seems to have less JS than Rowe.

Toga

Quote from: elephants on December 15, 2012, 12:29:38 PM
Quote from: Adamant on December 14, 2012, 09:35:38 PM
R4 loophole anyone?

I'm taking Hamling, he seems to have less JS than Rowe.

lol sounds funny we're looking at picking players with "less JS" ::)

PowerBug

What's our thoughts here? I see him in teams is this for DPP reasons only or will he actually get games early? If he's getting games i'd think he should be a lock in pretty much every side.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126