2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Josh P.Kennedy

Started by TheAnt, November 24, 2012, 09:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

Josh Kennedy

Type:
For someone so good, Kennedy really doesn't get the recognition he deserves. When people list the best young players, Selwoods name pops up, Pendleburys name pops up, Cotchin etc. and yet this man who is under a month older then Selwood does not. You wouldn't be blamed for not knowing how young he is, he plays as if he has already played 200 games. He uses brute force around the stoppages and Dane Swan has labelled him as the strongest midfielder he's come up against. He's been building for a while to his breakout season and this year he cemented him self as one of the most SuperCoach relevant talents in the game. His contested ball winning, durability playing every game two years in a row and versatility to be able to go up foward and be a presence is Supercoach gold. Typical of the Swans way, he has slipped under the radar, my advise to you is, don't let him.

Fanplanner Price: 638,500
Position: C
Stats:
Games: 25
Disposals: 28
Goals: 1.2
Contested Possesions: 16.9
2012 SuperCoach Average: 119.6
Highscore: 173 v Hawthorn.

Thoughts:
So why exactly is this guy slipping under the radar? To be honest there is no reason this guy shouldn't be picked as much as Cotchin or Murphy or even Pendlebury. He had a couple of matches under 100 but the worst he got was 86. Another upside is his Supercoach scores are usually inflated. He had 14 games where his Supercoach scores were inflated by 15 points from his dream team. He is a big moment player, a contested ball winner. Like I said previously he is Supercoach gold. He is only 24 and could step up even further.

Verdict:
No reason as to why you shouldn't lock this guy in, he's becoming a bit of POD with everyone going Swan/Pendles/Cotchin/Murphy after Ablett. He's a bit pricey, but he's as good as any of those midfielders so just forget about the price, set and forget him.

2013 Supercoach Score Prediction: 125

kilbluff1985

nice write up m8 and due to his round 11 bye he us in my current squad

Adamant

His bye has made him slightly more appealing, could be a great POD.

Think I'll upgrade to him though,

ronl

He was first man selected into my midfield, along with GAJ, Pendles and Murphy.

TheAnt

Yeah the round 12 bye should be really useful this year aswell.

Jay

Great write-up

Will be a great pick, think I may start with him

TheAnt

Now with the 8 midfielders people will definitely be mad not to upgrade to him at the very least.

+1King

Quote from: TheAnt on December 02, 2012, 02:02:43 PM
Now with the 8 midfielders people will definitely be mad not to upgrade to him at the very least.
+1

quinny88

Nice write up mate and very true about the lack of recognition this guy gets.
Hate to say it but if he was playing in Victoria he would be an AFL pin up boy. These interstate stars can really slip under the radar. He's a gun and world be a great choice for anyone to have

tbagrocks

Had him from Rd 3 last year and he kept pumping 120's, no reason he won't continue to and now with 8 playing mids he becomes a highly picked player

The_Captain

LIke the size of this bloke. Reminds me of jobe watson !!!

My Chumps

Locked in. Love the bloke to death!

Awesome write up too man, brilliant stuff.

+1King

dmac07

Agree that he does not not get the recognition he deserves, but an upgrade target for me with his high starting price this year.

The_Captain

Dont know if upgrade target is wise. Starting will be better especially with his favorable bye..