Started by kilbluff1985, November 23, 2012, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

AFEV

Quote from: silloc on December 07, 2012, 12:48:08 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 06, 2012, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: Sid on December 06, 2012, 05:38:49 PM
Quote from: silloc on December 05, 2012, 12:33:30 PM
So how many rookies can a team have now days?
Quote from: whatlez on December 04, 2012, 01:48:49 PM
Sam Col is now training with Essendon too and they look like the two who will take the last spot on the Bombers list.
Would be happy with him as well but we'll have to wait for his contract at Port to end I think... :P

i am pretty sure we can have 4 rookies as our 4th spot is guaranteed to Steinberg

Well thats what i thought, its gone from 6 to 4, but whats this talk about garlett then??
Woops it is 4. My bad. It is less either way though.

Steinberg, Garlett, Fields, Hunter/Hams?

Baldasso is training with us as well, haven't got a thing against him but hoping we don't take him over Garlett..

Maca24

silloc

wait... did dellolio get upgraded??? did i miss somthing???

kilbluff1985

no Garlett will be going on the main list if we get him

current rookie list is Hunter, Dell'Olio, Dalgleish and Steinberg to be the 4th

we did not use any picks to senior list Dell

Justin Bieber

Essendon are looking to overlook him again...

AFEV

Quote from: whatlez on December 09, 2012, 02:18:13 PM
Essendon are looking to overlook him again...
Supposedly is one of two we're still considering...

coolfugitiv0

Fletch74

Obviously had a big night out on the town....

Can't believe this kid has gone from being in the position where Hawthorn tried to recruit him as a 17yo to now not being drafted at all as an 18yo :o

Character, more than ever has come into play as to whether you play AFL!!

AFEV

If not being drafted then being thrown a lifeline isn't enough to make you work for it then nothing ever will I don't think.

It's interesting thinking about past greats that wouldn't be drafted in this day and age due to behavioral issues.

Mailman the 2nd

Personally I think he kinda deserves it. Clubs don't want/need bad press at all. The media feeds on the mistakes of players.

Plus, this gives an opportunity to someone else who actually has been working with some level of commitment.

Very few professions just throw "lifelines" at players who can't properly control their issues. Character or personality affects not only your own game but the game of all your teammates and people around you.

If he actually decides to knuckle down and work on himself he'll get drafted for sure given the talent he has, but until then I'll take the devil's advocate and say he deserves this

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on December 12, 2012, 03:44:56 PM
Personally I think he kinda deserves it. Clubs don't want/need bad press at all. The media feeds on the mistakes of players.

Agreed he deserves it, but not because of bad press.
I don't understand this at all. Like seriously, WHO CARES? Why does the media make big deals out of nothing? That player took a sip of alcohol. SCANDAL! blah blah blah etc etc. I'm not referring to Gartlett especially, just in general. "Bad press" is actually the stupidest invention ever.

Okay. Rant over.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on December 12, 2012, 06:19:04 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on December 12, 2012, 03:44:56 PM

Agreed he deserves it, but not because of bad press.
I don't understand this at all. Like seriously, WHO CARES? Why does the media make big deals out of nothing? That player took a sip of alcohol. SCANDAL! blah blah blah etc etc. I'm not referring to Gartlett especially, just in general. "Bad press" is actually the stupidest invention ever.

Okay. Rant over.

Just how the media gets so many viewers by blowing things out of proportion. It's stupid and extremely annoying for all victims who get caught under it.

However I don't really think Garlett is a victim here

Justin Bieber

Mailman the 2nd

Unless something happened at the Gold Coast local newspaper whatlez I have no idea what you're referring to. Swans haven't had bad press since they didn't make the finals in '09