All hope is not lost for our DT defences next year.

Started by KoopKicka, November 23, 2012, 08:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/tabid/6038/default.aspx?newsid=151672

Colquhoun was arguably the shock snub of the draft, after he was overlooked despite averaging 28 disposals a game at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships that saw him win South Australia's MVP award and All Australian honours.

The 17-year-old told AFL.com.au he was disappointed not to have been offered an opportunity at the elite level, but that he held out hope for the Rookie Draft on December 11.

Parker said he too was surprised Colquhoun wasn't selected and that he quickly invited him out to train with the Power, flagging a possible selection in December.

"I was a little bit surprised he wasn't selected to be honest," he said.

"We considered him, but when we had the two talls there (at picks 29 and 30) we probably went that way rather than the running half back.

"I've actually spoken to him just before and he's going to come out and probably train with us in the next couple of weeks before the pre-season and rookie draft."

Now all we need is for someone non DT relevant to come down with an LTI.

Grazz

Good onya Port, your saving our Fantasy butts. Good move inviting him out there. :)

Mr.Craig

Someone non-DT relevant at Port? I simply can't think of anyone! :P

Seriously though, that's great news. He's been very level-headed about the situation and deserves to be given a chance.

Grazz

Agreed he'd have to be dissapointed, his attitude only goes to strengthen his chances. Hope Dec 11 rewards him for it.

Justin Bieber

Noz

Thurlow was the 2nd highest overall scorer at the U/18 Carnival with a total score of 474 with an average of 94.8

Hopefully Port can give Colquhoun a lifeline in the PSD

Mr.Craig

Quote from: whatlez on November 23, 2012, 08:44:14 PM
Jackson Thurlow will out score...

Hmmm, but it's AFL DT not VFL DT. Who do you think he'll displace in the Geelong backline?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 23, 2012, 09:11:50 PM

Hmmm, but it's AFL DT not VFL DT. Who do you think he'll displace in the Geelong backline?

What Noz said.

Grazz

quinny88

Still find it bizzare that he wasn't picked up. Why wouldn't someone just have used one of their really late picks that they passed on to grab him?
Would be good if he went to port. More likely to get games as well and being picked up in the PSD would make him dirt cheap would it not?

Grazz

Quote from: quinny88 on November 23, 2012, 09:34:08 PM
Still find it bizzare that he wasn't picked up. Why wouldn't someone just have used one of their really late picks that they passed on to grab him?
Would be good if he went to port. More likely to get games as well and being picked up in the PSD would make him dirt cheap would it not?

It was one of the few surprises  that happened last night, thought he'd be taken with out a doubt, actually would of put money on it lol.

Dudge

With all the stories, papers, radio rumours, and the footy knowledgeable people talking about him, i would of bet a carton he'd get picked for sure. It may be because he's a SA lad, and we here more about him over here?  BTW some had him going at a high 2nd round  pick

Justin Bieber

elephants

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 23, 2012, 08:23:31 PM
Someone non-DT relevant at Port? I simply can't think of anyone! :P

Seriously though, that's great news. He's been very level-headed about the situation and deserves to be given a chance.
Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 23, 2012, 09:11:50 PM

Well said on both counts haha!

Although I have three Port players in my current fanplanner :o

And to your other point, is there a Scarlett replacement yet? Maybe Lonergan to FB, Mackie or Enright to BP and Thurlow to HBF?

Football Factory

Haven't heard many people talking about Plowman .. Pick no 3 GWS should get games in that backline from round 1 ?