Main Menu

Captain Cotch!

Started by quinny88, November 23, 2012, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Was a bit of a formality, we all knew it was coming but now its official. Cotchin is the captain :)
Lids is the Vice captain

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151658/default.aspx

Grazz

Great choice glad he got it, leads by example day in day out, gun.

Justin Bieber

The interesting thing is he is keeping number 9 :o

Jroo

Good decision, but Lids would have made a good captain as well. Cotch will be a great captain, one of the most professional footballers ever

quinny88

Quote from: whatlez on November 23, 2012, 08:31:58 PM
The interesting thing is he is keeping number 9 :o

Yeah this is what he said about it, sounds fair enough to me!

"Obviously, I hold the club's history and traditions in high regard," Cotchin said on Friday afternoon.

"Jack Dyer is a massive part of our proud history.

"He's got the statue outside the club, the stand is named after him and our best-and-fairest (award) is named after him.

"But when I thought about it ... I've always been really comfortable with the fact I've been No.9 since being here and I was No.9 prior to being here.

"I love seeing little kids with the No.9 on their backs and I think it's a part of me now."

He said he hoped supporters would understand.

"I'm sure there's a lot of supporters out there both for and against the decision, but hopefully they can respect how I feel."

quinny88

I said this in another thread but keep in mind that this "tradition" of wearing the number 17 has only been around since 2003

Chelskiman

Been coming for a while, but a great decision all the same.  Kinda glad he's keeping number 9 in a way.

quinny88

Quote from: Chelskiman on November 24, 2012, 12:03:09 AM
Been coming for a while, but a great decision all the same.  Kinda glad he's keeping number 9 in a way.

+1 after hearing his reasons for wanting to keep it im glad that he did

Nige

Good on him! Should take to it like a duck to water. Don't mind him wearing 9, 17's still gonna be remembered as the number Jack Dyer made famous even if the captain isn't wearing it.

Donnie Brasco

Quote from: JROO8 on November 23, 2012, 08:45:14 PMLids would have made a good captain as well.

That's a joke, right? The guy hasn't grow up, he still gives away 50m penalties. Why do you think they've never made him captain... In saying that, he has become an elite player.

Jroo

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on November 25, 2012, 04:09:57 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 23, 2012, 08:45:14 PMLids would have made a good captain as well.

That's a joke, right? The guy hasn't grow up, he still gives away 50m penalties. Why do you think they've never made him captain... In saying that, he has become an elite player.
If Cotch wasn't there Lids would have been captain defintley. He could defintley lead the team and you can't say he shouldn't be captain because of a few 50m penalties. I still think Cotch was the right chocie.

Kellogscrunchynut

Great choice and I respect him for keeping the number 9, however if 17 isn't worn by the captain it will take someone extraordinary for us to see it again.