Started by quinny88, November 22, 2012, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on November 26, 2012, 03:43:48 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 26, 2012, 01:50:28 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on November 26, 2012, 01:31:48 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151717/default.aspx

LOL

Seriously though, you shouldn't be able to 'retire' and come back. Seems inconsistent with delisting rules.
Agree OSS , Retire and come back and the club you retire from gets nothing happened to us twice now with Power and Hudson.
Fair enough Hudson has been appointed Ruck Coach at Pies but that should not allow him to be rookie listed after retiring.

And what about Mal Michael?

tbagrocks

What bothers me is not you getting Grundles, or having three at 18,19,20 while Adelaide gets nothing for Tippo, but the fact Ben Kennedy is going to be wearing black and white! Being from my bays (Glenelg) I don't want him as a magpie >:( these three selections ensures the Pies future success for many more years! >:(

The same will happen when GWS start trading players for more top 20 picks, the cycle may take decades before the GWS are back at an even playing field, Collingwood to :-[

Mailman the 2nd

Drafting is never an exact science ever

Plenty of top 15 picks have busted and plenty have 40+ picks have turned out as serviceable clubmen

Collingwood having 3 1st round picks isn't really an issue, given it's unlikely all three will be stars (based on statistics) whereas GWS having some two thirds of the 1st round picks for two years is more of an issue

ossie85

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 26, 2012, 04:52:17 PM
What bothers me is not you getting Grundles, or having three at 18,19,20 while Adelaide gets nothing for Tippo, but the fact Ben Kennedy is going to be wearing black and white! Being from my bays (Glenelg) I don't want him as a magpie >:( these three selections ensures the Pies future success for many more years! >:(

The same will happen when GWS start trading players for more top 20 picks, the cycle may take decades before the GWS are back at an even playing field, Collingwood to :-[

Cheaters don't prosper tbagrocks, sorry for the harshness, but you shouldn't get anything for Tippett (in fact you're likely to lose stuff).

And the Pies are on a level playing field, they just know how to use it. The Crows know how to use it pretty well also, being a very successful team for years.

tbagrocks

I'm still annoyed that with this supposed top draft crop, and Adelaide were set to have two higher picks that they screwed it up so badly, and to think it was all for the player most of Adelaide knew was going and we just wanted to trade the barbie!

Ziplock

and to think, if you had just traded tippett to sydney for 23, you would have gotten someone like hrovat and towers.

I'm really interested to see what the afl dishes out as punishment now (obviously you're guilty or you wouldn't have given up the picks). It could help you in the long run.

PowerBug

So if Collingwood have all these ruckmen and are giving games to all of them... Do you reckon they have some epic rotation policy in mind?? :o
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

SydneyRox

Quote from: SilkySkills on November 27, 2012, 06:34:44 PM
So if Collingwood have all these ruckmen and are giving games to all of them... Do you reckon they have some epic rotation policy in mind?? :o

What it means fantasy wise is stay the hell away from any collingwood ruck man (not that even Jolly was a good scorer)

Jolly will be nursed through the season so he is peaking at finals, Hudson will be used as cover and the rest are just kids who need to develop and play games.

ossie85

Pies picked up Grundy and likely Hudson, and lost Wood, Ceglar and McNamara. Pies actually have less rucks in 2013 than 2012...

quinny88

Quote from: ossie85 on November 29, 2012, 09:16:25 AM

Pies picked up Grundy and likely Hudson, and lost Wood, Ceglar and McNamara. Pies actually have less rucks in 2013 than 2012...

But Ceglar and McNamara never looked like playing did they?  Wood was the fill in for Jolly when was injured which I assume will be Hudsons new role.. then they gain Grundy and Witts has already been developing so thats now 4 ruckman that they will want to play as opposed to 2 last year

ossie85

Quote from: quinny88 on November 30, 2012, 02:02:28 AM

But Ceglar and McNamara never looked like playing did they?  Wood was the fill in for Jolly when was injured which I assume will be Hudsons new role.. then they gain Grundy and Witts has already been developing so thats now 4 ruckman that they will want to play as opposed to 2 last year

Yes, but 2 of them don't have long left! Hudson has a year max you would think, and Jolly is one big injury away (could be 3 years, could be 1)

quinny88

Quote from: ossie85 on November 30, 2012, 08:30:50 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 30, 2012, 02:02:28 AM

Yes, but 2 of them don't have long left! Hudson has a year max you would think, and Jolly is one big injury away (could be 3 years, could be 1)

Yeah I know I thought we were just talking about this season though. Will be interesting to see how it pans out

Cruiseon

Is Ben Hudson the new Leigh Brown. A recruit who nobody rated than came along, filled a specific role and got a flag!

That would be lovely.  ;D

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Cruiseon on December 03, 2012, 03:54:42 PM

Is Ben Hudson the new Leigh Brown. A recruit who nobody rated than came along, filled a specific role and got a flag!

That would be lovely.  ;D

Wouldn't think so but hey, it was Leigh Brown :P

ossie85

Reckon Hudson is rated a bit more then Leroy, but he is older also!