Main Menu

Brodie Grundy

Started by quinny88, November 22, 2012, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

No idea how he slipped through to pick 18 but as Collingwood supporters you must be stoked.
200cm+ and already 100kg, he will be the perfect replacement for Darren Jolly.

Does he play much in 2013?

AFEV

Witts must feel a bit robbed. Witts & Grundy is going to be a formidable ruck duo at some point in the future, but for the immediate future I suspect Grundy will get game time over Witts.

Still can't believe he made it to 18.

Ringo

Will he get games before Witts - Interesting selections coming up or the Pies. Like others can not believe he made it to 18.

Justin Bieber

quinny88

Quote from: Sid on November 22, 2012, 10:23:26 PM
Witts must feel a bit robbed. Witts & Grundy is going to be a formidable ruck duo at some point in the future, but for the immediate future I suspect Grundy will get game time over Witts.

Yeah it is surprising, although a lot of the phantom drafts done on various websites had him around that sort of area

Grazz

Quote from: Sid on November 22, 2012, 10:23:26 PM

Same here Sid, 18 freaked me out, i thought the Roo's would of jumped on him, Pie's like the SA boys 3 in a row all good to.
My rookie plans blown to the shizen, be sweating on a few rookies getting early games now. Alot didnt end up going to the right places for them to be serious early games contenders. :(

quinny88

Just needs to get rid of that bleached, whispy boy band fringe. Shave that off and he's right to go :P

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on November 22, 2012, 10:26:25 PM
Will he get games before Witts - Interesting selections coming up or the Pies. Like others can not believe he made it to 18.

I reckon he will. Surprised ossie hasnt been on smilling.

Capper

So Witts is meant to be the replacement for Jolly and now Grundy comes in to the mix. So does this mean that they will job share?? or is one in front of the other??

weird pick but had to take him as best available cant believe he lasted that long

Mailman the 2nd

I'm not really surprised clubs avoided gambling a 1st pick on a ruckman.

It's backfired massively before and is often problematic.

Given Collingwood had 3 picks though, they cashed in well

Grazz

Quote from: tabs on November 22, 2012, 11:35:12 PM
So Witts is meant to be the replacement for Jolly and now Grundy comes in to the mix. So does this mean that they will job share?? or is one in front of the other??

weird pick but had to take him as best available cant believe he lasted that long

Reckon Grundy is infront of Witts but you raise a good point regarding sharing the load. A genuinel possibillty. Flower.

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 22, 2012, 11:39:37 PM
I'm not really surprised clubs avoided gambling a 1st pick on a ruckman.

It's backfired massively before and is often problematic.

Given Collingwood had 3 picks though, they cashed in well

This is true MM its rare that they do, another good point.
You guys are on fire tonight. See this is why FF is #1.

Ziplock

grundy can play as a tall forward as well cant he?

no reason why they both can't make the team...

Grazz

Kinda hoping Jolly plays more time up forward keeping him healthy and Grundy gets his shot in the ruck. Its only a theory. Im staying positive he'll get early games, the glass is half full Grazz.  :P

Mailman the 2nd

I did think that Port would've chosen him though.

Regardless, probably have to wait and see what Buckley says about Grundy and Witts leading up to round 1

PowerBug

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 23, 2012, 08:31:34 AM
I did think that Port would've chosen him though.

Regardless, probably have to wait and see what Buckley says about Grundy and Witts leading up to round 1
Why do Port need him when they already have Lobbe, Renouf and Redden?? ???

Great pick-up for the pies, could be that back-up ruck they've needed perhaps, gotta feel for QLynch now, he's come over but i can see Grundy/Witts taking away some gametime from him unfortunately. :-\
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126