Main Menu

Brodie Grundy

Started by quinny88, November 22, 2012, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Great pick-up for the pies, could be that back-up ruck they've needed perhaps, gotta feel for QLynch now, he's come over but i can see Grundy/Witts taking away some gametime from him unfortunately. :-\
[/quote]

Good point SS but I am assuming the selections are not about this next season and Q stick will be fine.He was brought in for next season ready to go. ;D

JBs-Hawks

How did Richmond not take him?

quinny88

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 23, 2012, 11:20:46 AM
How did Richmond not take him?

Rated Vlastuin higher and grabbed a young ruck to develop with a later pick

Grazz

I was surprised the Roo's didnt snap him up.

Spite

Stoked we grabbed grundy and massive kudos to the collingwood recruitment team - drafting 3 SA boys to bunk together to reduce homesickness, hopefully will be a masterstroke!

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: SilkySkills on November 23, 2012, 09:48:24 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 23, 2012, 08:31:34 AM
I did think that Port would've chosen him though.

Regardless, probably have to wait and see what Buckley says about Grundy and Witts leading up to round 1
Why do Port need him when they already have Lobbe, Renouf and Redden?? ???

Great pick-up for the pies, could be that back-up ruck they've needed perhaps, gotta feel for QLynch now, he's come over but i can see Grundy/Witts taking away some gametime from him unfortunately. :-\

He's South Australian and looks a much better prospect than any of the other 3, who have stagnated

Spite

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 24, 2012, 09:57:13 AM

Regardless, probably have to wait and see what Buckley says about Grundy and Witts leading up to round 1

He's South Australian and looks a much better prospect than any of the other 3, who have stagnated

Come on man, give redden time, hardly stagnated when he had to do so much by himself!

elephants

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 24, 2012, 09:57:13 AM

Lobbe has never had a pre-season. Might be wise to asses him after next season ;)

Mailman the 2nd

I never said they were bad (although Renouf is pretty B grade atm)

I'm saying that they haven't progressed smoothly, which is why people expected Port to pick up Grundy, given the chance.

Although, as I said several posts ago, I'm not surprised nobody picked him for a while

Noz

Renouf and Lobbe will be a good combo if they can remain injury free Redden adds to the mix of a bit of depth in our ruck line with un-tried ruckmen Mitchell Curnow 5 ruck man would of been a bit too much especially with a host of talls who can pinch hit Westhoff, Stewart and Trengove we wouldn't need Grundy. We needed an inside midfielder and we got the best one of the bunch.

In response to the Grundy - Witts question i would think Grundy is ahead slightly, I would expect Jolly to go in as the clubs main ruck man come round 1 with Lynch pinch hitting. Both Grundy and Witts however will see game time early next year to try and take the mantle of the number 2 ruck man throughout the second half of the season.

Come 2014 we could see a Grundy/Witts combo if Jolly retires next year so look to Collingwood getting plenty of game time into both of them.

Ziplock

I really can't see either grundy or witts being ready to take over as number one ruck as early as 2014...

how long can jolly go for lol?

AFEV

Quote from: Ziplock on November 24, 2012, 11:52:56 PM
I really can't see either grundy or witts being ready to take over as number one ruck as early as 2014...

Don't think they're going to have a choice.

Jolly is 31 now and is getting less and less durable... :-X

Grazz

Quote from: Sid on November 25, 2012, 12:06:13 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 24, 2012, 11:52:56 PM

Don't think they're going to have a choice.

Jolly is 31 now and is getting less and less durable... :-X

Agree i dont think they have a choice, they are going to need to push Jolly up forward a bit more ala Cox in order to extend his career long enough for one or both of Grundy and Witts to take over the mantle. His body isnt the best and at 31 after rucking his whole career you wouldnt expect it to be. With that in mind im hoping Grundy who i think is ahead of Witts at this stage will get early and constant games but i also see Grundy and Witts coming in and going out regularly in order to give both enough exposure.
Which isnt the best scenario for us with our rookies.

Nige

It was a good get by the Pies given that he slipped. Also gonna be interesting to see what they do as far as the Jolly/Lynch/Witts/Grundy scenario is concerned. Jolly and Lynch can't possibly have too long left in them though, but like someone said, a Witts/Grundy combo will be amazing in the future.

quinny88

This is Collingwood were talking about remember guys.. If they need an experienced ruckman they will go out and get one. They are an attractive club to be a part of