So How many are going to have 3 rookies mid (Honestly)

Started by Sams-Town, February 19, 2010, 04:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sams-Town

Just interested here. Normally you would be looking at starting around 3 rookies on your feild anyway. Its just this year all the prospects are midfield. They seem some good prospects with a slight chance one or 2 of them may develop into keepers. So who is considering it. The only downside I see is Midfield is your biggest scoring area. But if you have a tougher back and forward line and 3 guns in the mids it should cover for it well. Its an interesting tactic and one I think many will have a shot at.
Cheers Guys

Prospector_1

Blueboys

Sams-Town

Justin Bieber

3 rookies in the mids for me as well. got only 4 cash cows in total in the forwards and backs to go with the 3 rookies.

antman

brownmans muffins

3 in the mids works well if you're using the cash saved well
i've got 2 starting in the mid, which is enough for me.

tony73

Im starting 3 in the mid none forward or back, Ladson no7 back and ziebel no7 forward remember you will need to find forward/back rookies to replace existing rookies rd 8-10 and there aint many around, 2 on the bench will be hard enough to replace! Ladson and ZIebel will be upgrade targets/cows as well

Take into account im going for league wins only ;D

Bs Flyers

3 starting in the mids but no rookie starters anywhere else.

MrRiosWan

Only 2 rookies in my starting 22 and their both mids. Plenty of rookies in my reserves though.

Alex7089

2 in mids for me 3 all up, I think that this year that's where the value is

West Coast Fanatics

Sams-Town

Well you have a much greater percentage chance of a Rookie making you more money or becoming a keeper than you do taking a punt on the same amount or sometimes more low to mid priced players that you hope for a break out. Also more rookies more keepers more mid pricers more trades. In your initial setup.

Resch

I was dead keen on 3 pre-NAB Cup but have changed my thinking now.

The number of cheapie backs looking good (now?) has allow me to sneak another player into my midfield.

2 rookies now.