Main Menu

Draftees

Started by Mailman the 2nd, November 22, 2012, 08:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

I'll update this as it gets revealed

Pick 23- Dean Towers

22 years old. Midfielder

QuoteMedium midfielder who was a member of the VFL State squad this year . Is a player who can break the lines with his speed and agility in traffic and is strong overhead . Mature aged player having a consistent year in VFL.

Pick 44 -Harrison Marsh

18 years old. Defender

QuoteA prodigious kick of the football with excellent defensive skills who likes to attack and take the game on. Shows very good vision and disposes of the ball very effectively either by hand or foot. A very good one-on-one defender that played three games for WA in the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships. Currently averaging 15.5 disposals and 4.4 marks per game in 14 matches for East Fremantle at Colts level.

Pick 46 - Tim Membrey

18 years. Forward

QuoteMedium forward that kicked 54 goals at TAC Cup level this year (Gippsland Power & Vic Country), outstanding overhead mark and long accurate kick for goal. His 20m Sprint time of 3.00 secs at the Draft Combine was impressive.

Pick 64- Matthew Dick

19 years. Defender

QuoteExtremely quick and team orientated defender who uses the ball well by foot. Tackles strongly and can play on taller and smaller opponents. Breaks the lines with his pace and can play midfield. Member of the Vic Metro team that won the 2012 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships playing in four matches.

Pick 65 - Passed

Pick 96 - Passed

Pick 104 - Passed

Pick 107- Harry Cunningham (rookie upgrade)

Mailman the 2nd

Interesting picks. Two defenders a medium forward and a mature age midfielder.

Membrey was good for pick 46, although I doubt he'll be seeing any game time for 2 years or so.

Attacking defenders is good, I'm liking the choices there.

Unique midfielder. Horse must of rated him to go quickly. At 22 you'd think they'd be hoping for some game time in 2013? Speed and agility are good attributes.

Also 3 extra picks to use on free agency/preseason. I guess we're still hoping for Tippett, not that we want him. But who else?

Also, good to see big man Daniel Currie was able to find a home and North. All the best to him

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 22, 2012, 09:29:29 PM
Interesting picks. Two defenders a medium forward and a mature age midfielder.

Membrey was good for pick 46, although I doubt he'll be seeing any game time for 2 years or so.

Attacking defenders is good, I'm liking the choices there.

Unique midfielder. Horse must of rated him to go quickly. At 22 you'd think they'd be hoping for some game time in 2013? Speed and agility are good attributes.

Also 3 extra picks to use on free agency/preseason. I guess we're still hoping for Tippett, not that we want him. But who else?

Also, good to see big man Daniel Currie was able to find a home and North. All the best to him
i like the look of Towers, tall fast wingman

CrowsFan

Membrey has got an AFL ready body, I reckon he will get some games next year...

AFEV

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 23, 2012, 05:42:12 PM
Not sure who would be ahead of him?

Definitely expecting him to play in 2013.

Capper

Quote from: Sid on November 23, 2012, 05:44:54 PM

i think that the Swans will play 3 out of Goodes, Reid, Pyke and Membrey.

I think the Swans got him as they have given up on Tippett. He may be seen as a replacement for Goodes in years to come.

Alot of guys still trying to break into this Swnas team. If you take the GF team of this year:
B: Rhyce Shaw, Ted Richards, Martin Mattner
HB: Alex Johnson, Heath Grundy, Nick Smith
C: Lewis Jetta, Kieren Jack Daniel, Hannebery
HF: Craig Bird, Sam Reid, Ryan O'Keefe
F: Jarrad McVeigh, Adam Goodes, Lewis Roberts-Thomson
Foll: Shane Mumford, Josh Kennedy, Jude Bolton
Int: Nick Malceski, Mike Pyke, Mitch Morton, Luke Parker

there are players like McGlynn, Rohan, Lamb, Walsh, Armstrong, Everitt, Mitchell, Membrey, Towers that have to try and make there way into the team

tbagrocks

He's a strong mature body isn't he?

AFEV

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 23, 2012, 06:22:27 PM

189cm & 88kg he is ready to make an impact instantly. With Pyke and Goodes not being permanent forwards I'd say there is room for Membrey, Goodes, Pyke and Reid in the same team.

Would really stertch an opposition defence if they were all up forward as well but because of the mobility of Membrey, Goodes and even Reid they wouldn't suffer too much at ground level I don't think.

Capper

Quote from: Sid on November 23, 2012, 06:30:09 PM

189cm & 88kg he is ready to make an impact instantly. With Pyke and Goodes not being permanent forwards I'd say there is room for Membrey, Goodes, Pyke and Reid in the same team.

Would really stertch an opposition defence if they were all up forward as well but because of the mobility of Membrey, Goodes and even Reid they wouldn't suffer too much at ground level I don't think.
Which would mean that either LRT misses out or plays in the backs line and someone else misses out. Not too sure who though. Maybe a replacement for White, so White may be delisted

Very impressed with the drafting though.

AFEV

Quote from: tabs on November 23, 2012, 06:43:02 PM
Quote from: Sid on November 23, 2012, 06:30:09 PM

Which would mean that either LRT misses out or plays in the backs line and someone else misses out. Not too sure who though. Maybe a replacement for White, so White may be delisted

Very impressed with the drafting though.
Ah I forgot about LRT. With Teddy/Grundy/Johnson down back there isn't really room for him down back so will likely keep Membrey out.

Still think Membrey will play a dozen games, not like the entire list will be fit all year. :P

Grazz

Swans have done well again but then again when dont ya's. On the whole most clubs seem pretty happy with their efforts. Swans would have a few retiring over the next couple/ three  seasons so i feel this was a big influence on what and who they went for.
They are masters of rebuilding/recruiting without dropping off competatively, class act.

Nige

I was genuinely surprised to see Membrey slip to 46. I reckon he'll be a great player. He should get a few games next year but he's got a bit of competition. Still, hope he gets a run.

Ziplock

haha, what was it their recruiter said
'ahhh we don't really know where he's going to play... but at that pick you can't really pass up on a quality player like that...'

I was going to say- maybe a replacement for LRT or goodes when they go, but he's not really big enough.

SydneyRox

The foundation looks so good for when Bolton, ROK, Richards and Goodes do retire, the next gen looks awesome!