Main Menu

2012 NAB draftees

Started by aces-high, November 22, 2012, 06:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: quinny88 on November 23, 2012, 12:50:18 AM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 23, 2012, 12:19:27 AM
Well now we have a another backup of sorts for Maric.

He wont play for at least 2 years. Needs to put on nearly 20kgs
Yeah more of a less developed Todd Elton.

JBs-Hawks

quinny88

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 23, 2012, 11:23:12 AM
How did u skip on Grundy?

There was 11 other teams that skipped him before Collingwood got him as well lol.
Very happy with Vlastuin though

Chelskiman

Yeah, would have liked to have picked him up, but very happy with Vlastuin.  McBean is definitely for the future which means we still need a backup for now.

Jroo

Quote from: Chelskiman on November 23, 2012, 03:15:38 PM
Yeah, would have liked to have picked him up, but very happy with Vlastuin.  McBean is definitely for the future which means we still need a backup for now.
Vlastuin is a awesome pick up. Very happy with McIntosh too, plays like D.Grimes

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 23, 2012, 11:23:12 AM
How did u skip on Grundy?

I thought the Tigers would jump on him to,but teams are reluctant to use an early pick on Ruckmen i was reminded of this last night and its pretty much on the money.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on November 23, 2012, 03:21:26 PM
Vlastuin is a awesome pick up. Very happy with McIntosh too, plays like D.Grimes
One of the two picks we have left will definitely go to taking either Wood or Stephenson you would think.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 24, 2012, 12:59:30 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 23, 2012, 03:21:26 PM
One of the two picks we have left will definitely go to taking either Wood or Stephenson you would think.
Wood or Stephenson look likely. McBean is no where near ready to play AFL, but has a lot of potential. He is pretty mobile around the ground

Jroo

Tigers recruit Nick Vlastuin expects to feel right at home with the Punt Rd stars and stripes

RICHMOND'S newest onballer, Nick Vlastuin, could not take his Tigers jumper off on draft night.

The man welcomed to Punt Rd with pick No.9 wore his jumper to dinner with club officials and family to celebrate his selection.

"There was a supporters' group outside (the draft venue) and from there we went to dinner and I didn't have anything to change into," Vlastuin said.

"So I kept my Richmond jumper on. I didn't take it off until I went to bed."

The 187cm AIS-AFL graduate cannot wait to start training with the Tigers in Cairns next week.

"Someone said last night that they've only got about four players over 25," Vlastuin said.

" 'Dimma' (coach Damien Hardwick) likes the inside hard ball - I'm a bit like him I suppose - so I'm looking forward to playing there."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-recruit-nick-vlastuin-expects-to-feel-right-at-home-with-the-punt-rd-stars-and-stripes/story-e6freck3-1226523084085

Nige

Dimma's gonna love this kid.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 24, 2012, 01:05:35 PM
Dimma's gonna love this kid.
Yeah I agree. He did say he plays a bit like Dimma

aces-high

Gonna be dimmas love child! Lock him in for round 1 :P