O'Keefe loses DPP, Bolton gains it

Started by Jroo, November 22, 2012, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

It has now been confirmed
Quote“@Lumpy0305: Ryan O'Keefe loses his DPP status in '13. #afldreamteam #supercoach"”
While on the other hand Jude Bolton will be a mid/fwd
Quote“@Lumpy0305: @supercoach_hq we had Bolton replacing Kirky on the Ch7 boundary line up until a few days ago. Yes he will be fwd/mid #2013aflprospectus”

Windigo

I was looking forward to have O'keefe in my team this year. 

Ricochet

Wow did not expect Bolton to gain dpp. An average of 87 this year isn't bad either, but his age is a big issue.

Windigo

DT Talk article just hit, talks about players set to lose DPP.

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2012/11/22/dual-positioning-updates/

Confirmed 2013 Changes

Players who are set to lose their DPP status:

Ryan O’Keefe â€" Attended the third most centre clearances for the Swans and as such, is now a midfielder only.

Nat Fyfe â€" He only played nine games in 2012, but it was enough for Champion Data to declare him a pure midfielder.

Dayne Beams â€" This is not a surprise. Got most of his possessions in the midfield, and as such, that’s the only place you can pick him next year.

Steele Sidebottom â€" Possibly a little unlucky to lose his DPP status, but then again, he was havily in the midfield rotations. Mid only.

Alan Didak â€" Champion Data include ‘hot mapping’ in determining where a player spends his time. As the interchange gates are located in the middle of the field, and Didak was always hobbling off injured, he is now a midfielder only.

Players who are set to gain their DPP status:

Jude Bolton â€" Despite rumours of an early demise it looks as though Jude will be back next year, resting up forward, waiting for his grandchildren to come and visit him (Fwd/Mid).

Tom Rockliff â€" The whipping boy for Michael Voss, Rockliff will be truly represented as a DPP next season (Fwd/Mid).

Jimmy Bartel â€" Another midfielder who is getting older and slower, Jimmy “crack corn and I don’t care” Bartel will be available in your forward line as well as midfield in 2013 (Mid/Fwd).

Hamish Hartlett â€" In a true representation, one of Hartlett’s hamstrings will be able to be selected in defence, whilst his other one will be stretchered off via the midfield (Def/Mid).

Greg Broughton â€" Not only has Broughton snuck away from Ross ‘Hates Dream Team’ Lyon, he has gone to a team that is desperate to find another bulky midfielder to feed off Gary Ablett. If he is on your ‘Never Again’ list, and you simply can’t forgive, well, it sucks to be you. Load up! (Def/Mid).

Spite

Wait Windigo, isn't broughton meant to be a fwd/def?!?!?!

Capper

Grazz

Capper

Ziplock

I think he must have spent so much time up front after he partially tore his pcl...

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 22, 2012, 04:44:44 PM
I think he must have spent so much time up front after he partially tore his pcl...

Didnt see enough Swans games to have any idea tbh. Hence it was a surprise. Think your spot on zip.

nostradamus

Quote from: Spite on November 22, 2012, 01:58:20 PM

Yeah he definately is

..... the DTtalk boys got it wrong and listed him as being f/m in their post earlier, but they've corrected it now

Capper

Quote from: Grazz on November 22, 2012, 04:47:20 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 22, 2012, 04:44:44 PM

Didnt see enough Swans games to have any idea tbh. Hence it was a surprise. Think your spot on zip.
kicked 8 in 3 weeks (16-19) before he did his pcl (20), 3 against WC and GC and 2 against the saints.

In saying that though, could now be an upgrade target 6-9 weeks in to the season in the forwards, but only in SC

Grazz

Quote from: nostradamus on November 22, 2012, 04:50:14 PM
Quote from: Spite on November 22, 2012, 01:58:20 PM

Yeah he definately is

..... the DTtalk boys got it wrong and listed him as being f/m in their post earlier, but they've corrected it now

Cheers Nostra, he's a better option as a Fwd/Def i feel or for me anyway.

Windigo

Thought it was strange that he was listed as Def/Mid. 

Quote from: Windigo on November 22, 2012, 10:31:38 AM

No one saw what I did there?     ??? :P

Capper

Rok could be a good upgrade target
Quote from: Windigo on November 22, 2012, 05:50:25 PM
Thought it was strange that he was listed as Def/Mid. 

Quote from: Windigo on November 22, 2012, 10:31:38 AM

No one saw what I did there?     ??? :P
hahahahaha i dont get it  ???