Main Menu

Adelaide withdraws picks!

Started by Jroo, November 21, 2012, 04:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

N A SHOCK move, Adelaide has voluntarily relinquished its first two picks in Thursday night's NAB AFL Draft as a "gesture of goodwill towards resolving the [Kurt] Tippett matter".
The Crows have given up picks No. 20 and 54, and will now use picks 62, 81 and 95.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151451/default.aspx
Lol what are your thoughts on this?

Jroo

Mark Robinson tweeted this as well LOL  :D
QuoteMark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun
Crows' goodwill gesture .... looks like a husband buying flowers for the wife after being caught having an affair

Holz

Wow, i was almost postive the link you sent was some kind of joke.

Interesting move by them, i dont think this helps there case at all, it probably makes it worse with them saying they have officaly done something really wrong.

Jroo

Quote from: Holzman on November 21, 2012, 04:54:12 PM

Interesting move by them, i dont think this helps there case at all, it probably makes it worse with them saying they have officaly done something really wrong.
Yeah Holz, it's like admitting there guilty. Interesting move

MTTY

Quote from: Holzman on November 21, 2012, 04:54:12 PM

This ^

Agree with you 100% Holz.

Nige

Don't know why they've done this. It's a strong draft and they're gonna cop some sort of punishment anyway. Should have taken the good picks while they can. It does kind of seem like an admission of guilt in a sense.

Ziplock

I'm so confused as to why they've done this.

like, why ask for the extra time to prepare a case, then give up picks? :S

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 21, 2012, 04:59:19 PM
Don't know why they've done this. It's a strong draft and they're gonna cop some sort of punishment anyway. Should have taken the good picks while they can. It does kind of seem like an admission of guilt in a sense.
The draft isn't as strong as people think it is. They obviously would give it up, it was a SUPER DRAFT. That's why there giving it up, hoping they aren't punished in the next draft and the draft after. Smart move if it pays off

kilbluff1985

an admission of guilt is not a bad way to go about it if they know they are flowered like when a cop asks if you have anything on you they should know about better off telling them

and better to lose these picks and maybe keep better picks next season maybe depending on where they finish obviously

Jroo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 21, 2012, 05:04:24 PM
an admission of guilt is not a bad way to go about it if they know they are flowered like when a cop asks if you have anything on you they should know about better off telling them

and better to lose these picks and maybe keep better picks next season maybe depending on where they finish obviously
Exactly kilbluff. Smart move if it pays of for the Crows

Mr.Craig

Capper

wow didnt think it would come down to this.

Masssive move by the crows

valkorum

This isnt actually that big of a loss for Adelaide as it might sound.  Keep in mind that they still have Brad Couch that they acquired in the mini-draft last year.... so they still have a top prospect joining the club.

Whats more shocking is this is an admission of guilt.

Tominator

this is bizarre. They reckon that the talent remaining at Pick 20 this year is good enough for Top 12 in past few years........ I really cannot understand this

Robbo's tweet made me laugh haaha

Jay

Could have had Colq, but know nothing :(

Why would we do this!!! :'(