Stats:

Average: 65.1

Centuries: 1 (also had one 99)

Games scored: 21

Standard deviation: 18.1

Fanplanner price: $345,800

Position: defender

Jayman's Thoughts

Like this kid, really shone in the finals campaign. Only 1 century during 2012 but he is fairly consistent for a back of just 20 years of age. He will consistently improve and has set job security in the Sydney backline.

Jayman's Verdict

Hasn't really shown he has the potential to average big numbers across an entire season, however he is quite cheap and should prove a steady backline option. However there are a few other backline mid-pricers I have over this guy so not me for at the moment.

Jayman's Prediction

I predict an average of 73ppg for Alex Johnson

quinny88

Plays too much of a shut down role to be considered SC relevant

AFEV

Yep going to agree with Quinny again. Will be too busy negating players to get the scores you'd want from him.

That was some effort in the GF though...If he kept going with that might be one of those rare KPDs that are fantasy relevant.

SydneyRox

He has the potential to be fantasy relevant, but not this year. As the third tall he will most likely have the weakest fwd opponent, and is usually coming in to help chop out for Richards and Grundy. Going forward though he has good skills and reads the game like a vet. His GF was awesome.

Adamant

He will improve yet again, but cant see him becoming a good fantasy option just yet :-\

Capper