Main Menu

WXV List Lodgements

Started by ossie85, November 19, 2012, 10:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 16, 2012, 01:29:50 AM
What did FS need to explain? ???

He and carltonrok shared an IPS address, apparently after saying they didn't share a computer. Leaving some coaches to believe they were the same person. I asked if they were, he said they were cousins. I asked why he didn't tell us that he'd left for a trip when we were doing the initial draft, he said he should of but didn't. I asked him about the logic behind his trading plan, his answers were inconsistent. I asked him why his list lodgment was so poor, he couldn't answer that either. I asked him if was committed, he couldn't really answer that either. I looked so hard for a reason to keep him as coach :(

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 01:35:10 AM

He and carltonrok shared an IPS address, apparently after saying they didn't share a computer. Leaving some coaches to believe they were the same person. I asked if they were, he said they were cousins. I asked why he didn't tell us that he'd left for a trip when we were doing the initial draft, he said he should of but didn't. I asked him about the logic behind his trading plan, his answers were inconsistent. I asked him why his list lodgment was so poor, he couldn't answer that either. I asked him if was committed, he couldn't really answer that either. I looked so hard for a reason to keep him as coach :(

Do we have actual proof that he shared an IP address or are we going on someone's word?  :-X

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 01:35:10 AM

This is kind of what happened but I think some things are getting lost in translation.
Some key differences that alter the story entirely.

I'm not going to go into it here though...

*was not the one that went to os about FS by the by.

CrowsFan

Ah ok thanks. Seems like a weird situation...

Justin Bieber

Sorry to ask, but who's Carltonrok?

MajorLazer

Ex-coach of the Pacific Islanders.

Don't really know too much else about him tbh.

Justin Bieber

So FS potentially could of drafted two sides??

Ziplock

I don't understand the issue about nails- his list was lodged well within the specified time by hp- why it was lodged by hp isn't really a concern, nails could have had internet issues etc. we don't know, but he had also confirmed this was the correct list lodging  before the lockout as well. I don't understand why he should be sanctioned :S

As for FS and carltonroks... they mightn't have even known they'd used the same computer- for instance if they'd both used their grandfathers internet unwittingly, as for why FS's list was a bit odd, I haven't looked at it in detail, but it was legible and understandable right? in the nicest way possible, FS isn't the oldest or most experienced coach, if what he was doing was clear, let it slide imo.

JBs-Hawks

Well that was a bit deep coming bome drunk on a satday night

ossie85

Quote from: Ziplock on December 16, 2012, 02:29:17 AM
I don't understand the issue about nails- his list was lodged well within the specified time by hp- why it was lodged by hp isn't really a concern, nails could have had internet issues etc. we don't know, but he had also confirmed this was the correct list lodging  before the lockout as well. I don't understand why he should be sanctioned :S

Internet issues don't make sense - would have taken the same effort to post it himself versus emailing HP. Also, HP said he was holding off posting because "something between" us. As far as I'm aware, this hasn't been disputed. I'm not going to put up with that kind of stuff. I'm doing my best to be polite, but I'm not going to have constant pot shots at me. Seriously, all that needs to happen is Nails and I to stay out of each other's way. That's all I want.

In the end, I took away pick 53 - which isn't an earth shattering thing to do. I gave away my team, because I wanted to take some control over the rules and issues like this.

Quote from: Ziplock on December 16, 2012, 02:29:17 AM
As for FS and carltonroks... they mightn't have even known they'd used the same computer- for instance if they'd both used their grandfathers internet unwittingly, as for why FS's list was a bit odd, I haven't looked at it in detail, but it was legible and understandable right? in the nicest way possible, FS isn't the oldest or most experienced coach, if what he was doing was clear, let it slide imo.

Either FS and carltonrok are the same person (unlikely), or he didn't do a thing to help us when carltonrok disappeared (which isn't really fair on everyone else when we were trying to work out how to go forward). As you suggest "FS isn't the oldest or most experienced coach". I really looked for a reason not to remove him, I really did. I sent a whole bunch of emails, trying to work out what was going on, and the answers didn't make sense and at times were contradictory.

Sid said "This is kind of what happened but I think some things are getting lost in translation.", but this is what I could get from my own emails with him, not from what people told me.

Having both things happen (Nails and FS) happen at the same time is unfortunate, but a coincidence. C4, you made a point earlier that suggested you think I'm being harsh. With the exception of a very bad outburst against bomberboy (which I was completely wrong and apologised for), I think I've been very reasonable and I think I've listened to you guys, your ideas and your opinions. I want to implement a 'resting' rule and a salary cap, but I'm not going to because there is concern about this is the group.

Whenever someone disappears, I contact assistant coaches trying to make sure they don't get sacked. You mentioned meow before c4, but if I was to be honest many times I've had to track down Q for you. This is something I want to do for everyone, because this competition should get better every year, and a couple of MIA weeks shouldn't count in the long run.

I send reminders every week, which honestly I shouldn't have to, but don't mind doing. I process scores, collect statistics and record a history. All of this takes time, which I don't mind, because I enjoy it.

So when somebody talks smack about me, says he doesn't have time for me, and gets someone else to post for him for no other reason to make an unknown point against me - all of which is his right. But I should have the right to ignore him. I should have the right to continue to try and enjoy this game, and I should have the right to make reasonable (and pick 53 is reasonable) actions when he is impacting the game. Whether he delayed it or not isn't really the issue, and probably right he likely didn't, but the risk was there and I believe was done to have a shot at me.

Thanks everyone for your input here, it shows that people care about what happens. Which I think is terrific

Purple 77

Oh well, lessons (hopefully ) learnt, let's please move on and have some fun at drafting! :)

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 16, 2012, 09:01:48 AM
Oh well, lessons (hopefully ) learnt, let's please move on and have some fun at drafting! :)

Agree Purple!

Btw, I should rename round 4 of the Draft "Berlin's Round" lol

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 09:07:53 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on December 16, 2012, 09:01:48 AM

Agree Purple!

Btw, I should rename round 4 of the Draft "Berlin's Round" lol

YES!

I really hoped someone would notice!!! lol, that thought did occur to me as well when I realised I had so many  :)

Nails

NO not lesson learnt. Don't be so blind because he's your brother purple.

This isn't NAZI flowerING GERMANY. That's my pick. Deadlines are there for a REASON and I submitted WITHIN the deadline. And I wasn't even the last official list lodgement. This is ridiculous.

ossie85