Main Menu

WXV List Lodgements

Started by ossie85, November 19, 2012, 10:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 12:50:39 AM

Sorry Nails, but it took just as much effort to give it to HP as it would to post it yourself.

Also this suggests:

Quote from: Nails on December 15, 2012, 02:20:53 PM

My worlds list is ready for submitting

I don't even need rookie picks in Asians... Just skip me for my remaining picks, I'll pick spuds that are left.

I can keep up with them easy as flower, it just depends how hard I try.

You had it ready to go at least 9 hours before HP did.

Please, just do your own thing, and I'll do mine. It doesn't have to be an issue

It might have been 'ready' doesn't mean I wouldn't mind talking to PB about the team or other advice lines and getting their opinions. I'm sure 100% of teams posting their lists the second it was ready.

I did not delay the draft a single minute. I submitted WITHIN the deadline (WTF ARE DEADLINES FOR IF THEY'RE NOT DEADLINES?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!)

And mine wasn't the final official submitting...

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on December 16, 2012, 12:51:11 AM
I'm going to use the power of logic here

To "delay" the draft, it'd involve me holding up pothead from taking his pick. Considering he has not been online for 29 hours... It'd make around half a dozen teams guilty of "delaying" the draft...

Also considering Torp's final lodgement was only 90 minutes before mine and AN OFFICIAL team lodgement from c4's team came AFTER mine...

Not sure how I 'DELAYED' the draft at all.

Pothead may have an email notification when he received a PM (like I do), in which case he might come online. Either way, I doubt you looked at pothead's activity before you decided to delay giving your lodgings for at least 9 hours.

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 12:54:37 AM

To "delay" the draft, it'd involve me holding up pothead from taking his pick. Considering he has not been online for 29 hours... It'd make around half a dozen teams guilty of "delaying" the draft...

Also considering Torp's final lodgement was only 90 minutes before mine and AN OFFICIAL team lodgement from c4's team came AFTER mine...

Pothead may have an email notification when he received a PM (like I do), in which case he might come online. Either way, I doubt you looked at pothead's activity before you decided to delay giving your lodgings for at least 9 hours.

Pothead is (imo) the most inactive coach in the WXV and falsely accusing me of not checking whether he's online or not doesn't change a thing. Like I previously mentioned I was also at work tonight... Not like I was sitting on the computer for 9 hours straight, rubbing my fingers together like Mr. Burns sniggering to myself about the non-delay I was causing.

And if he comes online from an email he /MIGHT/ get... why'd he let himself get a warning... :o

Justin Bieber

Please try not to let this get out of hand you two.

ossie85

Sorry Nails, all I know is what people tell me.

You said your list was 'ready' at 1:30. But now you say it wasn't

You asked Hellopplz to submit your team for you.... and I honestly don't know why other than to make some kind of point that you don't like me. Your allowed to not like me, that's fine.

Bottom line, I put in a lot of time on this because I enjoy it. But still, is a lot of time. You said to me that "You wouldn't be worth my time", again that's your choice, but not something I'm willing to play games with.

Nails

You said to me that "You wouldn't be worth my time", again that's your choice, but not something I'm willing to play games with.

huh??????????????????????????????????

you make me confuse.

c4v3m4n

I'm with Nails on this one ossie.

The list lodgements were always due midnight 15th December. Nails got his list in before this time. Yes, the draft could have started earlier, but he played by the rules and got his lodgement in on time. Penalising him like this is harsh and it should be revoked.

And realistically, what is the rush? We've got months before the season is due to start. At this rate, we're going to have a giant lull in February where there is nothing on cause we've rushed through everything. Personally, I believe the draft shouldn't have started until next year, giving ALL coaches a break over Christmas and New Years.

Otherwise this game is going to become a 24/7, year-long affair, which I'm sure no-one can commit to. I know I can't.

ossie85

Not confusing Nails, if you can't remember the things you say:

Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2012, 04:58:40 PM
You wouldn't be worth my time

Again, please stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of yours. Is really that simple

ossie85

Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 16, 2012, 01:05:15 AM

The list lodgements were always due midnight 15th December. Nails got his list in before this time. Yes, the draft could have started earlier, but he played by the rules and got his lodgement in on time. Penalising him like this is harsh and it should be revoked.

And realistically, what is the rush? We've got months before the season is due to start. At this rate, we're going to have a giant lull in February where there is nothing on cause we've rushed through everything. Personally, I believe the draft shouldn't have started until next year, giving ALL coaches a break over Christmas and New Years.

Otherwise this game is going to become a 24/7, year-long affair, which I'm sure no-one can commit to. I know I can't.

I'm just not willing to play little mind games is all c4, I don't think I deserve it, I don't think the league deserves it

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 01:07:05 AM

I'm just not willing to play little mind games is all c4, I don't think I deserve it, I don't think the league deserves it

You're trying to find problems when there really are none.

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 01:05:53 AM

Not confusing Nails, if you can't remember the things you say:

Quote from: Nails on December 03, 2012, 04:58:40 PM
You wouldn't be worth my time

Again, please stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of yours. Is really that simple

Still have no idea what you're on about... you're the one who blocked me because I stood up for myself when I posted /my/ opinion in /my/ thread.

You never even expressed a problem with me, we could've sat down like gents behind our computer screens and discussed any issues (I was unaware of) but instead you just chose to ninja block me.

And if we're going to bring up PMs

QuoteYou will have to stay on top of the Worlds comp via other means, because I will not send you anything either.

By not PM'n me the same material you'll PM the other 15 coaches, I'll always (most likely) find out later, therefore take longer to reply and therefore slightly delay the competition for every trade vote, every time a community decision needs to be made, everytime everything...

Therefore multiple delays of the competition vs. zero from my mind (I wasn't even the last list lodgement)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 01:07:05 AM

That's for others to say. :-X

Nails has done nothing wrong all season and he's been a fantastic coach. And yet suddenly, he's being punished for playing by the rules. Ouch. :-X

(No offence to meow), but where are his sactions for disappearing randomly throughout for the year?

I don't fully understand what happened with FS (only just hearing about it now), but that too seems rash.

All year, there haven't been any sanctions or penalties, and all of sudden, bang bang. Sacked and draft pick revoked. Huh? Something doesn't seem quite right.

ossie85

I guess the central point is that I do not know why you would ask HP to submit your list for you, other than to make some kind of point. Up until then, I was more than happy to give you until the deadline without question.

I take your point about being 'gents', but I have a very busy life outside this (as I'm sure you do also). You want to be talk behind my back (which you admit you 'might' have done, and I know you did), and say I'm not worth your time. That's fine. Not sure why I need to seek you out though and ask why you do those things.

@c4, FisherSaints was something that other coaches asked me to act on. Wasn't my doing that one, I gave FisherSaints so many opportunities to explain, but he couldn't. I really, really, really, really DIDN'T want to do that.

Master Q

How about we take the week off and resume things on Friday? Everyone needs/deserves a break I think...

CrowsFan

What did FS need to explain? ???

AFEV

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 16, 2012, 01:29:50 AM
What did FS need to explain? ???
Why he had the same IP/hostname as Carltonrok.