Main Menu

Spamming in Other AFL Comps (No mods to report to)

Started by Grazz, November 17, 2012, 12:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 17, 2012, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 12:30:33 PM
Quote from: m0nty on November 17, 2012, 10:34:52 AM
Fixed.

Onya mate was getting out of control.

Still is, I just reported 4 more in the last 10 minutes. :-X

I thought when m0nty said fixed that hed blocked the lot, looks like that was big assumption for me to make. Where are these ones
c4.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 17, 2012, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 12:30:33 PM
Quote from: m0nty on November 17, 2012, 10:34:52 AM
Fixed.

Onya mate was getting out of control.

Still is, I just reported 4 more in the last 10 minutes. :-X

I thought when m0nty said fixed that hed blocked the lot, looks like that was big assumption for me to make. Where are these ones
c4.

Mostly within the AFL Dream Team section. They pop up every so often.

Occassionly there will be ones in SuperCoach or the Other AFL Comps board, but mostly in DT.

Probably cause no one likes DT. :P

Example: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69313.msg929126/boardseen.html#new

: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69317.0/topicseen.html

Grazz

Have you reported the nine that are in the DT section already c4.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 12:58:02 PM

Pretty much. :-\

With no m0nty or HP online, there isn't much we can do unfortunately. Just got to wait until one of them comes online to save the day.  8)

Grazz

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 17, 2012, 01:06:11 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 12:58:02 PM

Pretty much. :-\

With no m0nty or HP online, there isn't much we can do unfortunately. Just got to wait until one of them comes online to save the day.  8)

Ok ive done em again anyway which wont hurt, HP's catching up on some sleep or i vaguely remember him saying he had some stuff he needed to do. m0nty is aware of it all now so i doubt he'll be away for to long, sounds like some more mods will be created soon which is exactly what we need for this situation.

Mailman the 2nd

When I click on unread posts, at least 3 quarters of them is just spam.

It's basically overload

Grazz

It is isn't MM, never seen it this bad and Ive been coming here for at least 4 years as a member less but never seen it like this.
That's why i'm suspicious that it could be a member behind it, hope im wrong.

c4v3m4n

One of our members, stew42, has established a great initiative in those spam threads.

Once a thread pops up, report it and the reply within the thread just saying "Reported".

That way, everyone else knows that a report has been made as I'm not 100% if the mods get a report everytime someone clicks the button or if it's one report per thread.

But anyway, great initiative and it'll save us all time as we'll know which ones have or have not been reported.

Capper

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 01:28:31 PM
It is isn't MM, never seen it this bad and Ive been coming here for at least 4 years as a member less but never seen it like this.
some of them are in Russian so i doubt it
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 17, 2012, 01:46:28 PM
One of our members, stew42, has established a great initiative in those spam threads.

Once a thread pops up, report it and the reply within the thread just saying "Reported".

That way, everyone else knows that a report has been made as I'm not 100% if the mods get a report everytime someone clicks the button or if it's one report per thread.

But anyway, great initiative and it'll save us all time as we'll know which ones have or have not been reported.
this is awkward......
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69318.msg929148.html#msg929148

Grazz

Yeh saw that c4, gave him a cheer for it, great idea saves us spamming the mods with the same reports.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: tabs on November 17, 2012, 01:51:13 PM

this is awkward......

lol I just noticed stew42's post and figured it was the first as people have usually been replying with other junk.

Grazz

Quote from: tabs on November 17, 2012, 01:51:13 PM

this is awkward......

Was talking with HP last night and we were wondering if a member couldnt invite them in somehow. Being a computer illiterate i have no idea if this is possible but im sure plenty here would know if this is possible.

Ziplock

I really doubt its a member- the scams have all clearly been translated into english using google translate, or some other free translation website.

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 17, 2012, 01:57:06 PM
I really doubt its a member- the scams have all clearly been translated into english using google translate, or some other free translation website.

Alot are clearly Russian and the gramar is worse than mine. Hope your right zip. Be a let down if a member was someway involved.

Nails

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 02:02:59 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 17, 2012, 01:57:06 PM

Alot are clearly Russian and the gramar is worse than mine. Hope your right zip. Be a let down if a member was someway involved.

Grammar worse than yours Grazz? Is that even possible? :P ;)