Main Menu

Spam scams that are appearing here recently

Started by nostradamus, November 16, 2012, 09:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

l'm sure alot of you have notice these pathetic scams being posted here in the last few days.

l just thought it might be worth starting a thread to post links to them so its easier for the Mods to find them and ban these scumbags.

So l'll kick it off with one that l have just come across a few minutes ago......

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69247.msg928444/boardseen.html#new

c4v3m4n

The simpliest and easiest way for Moderators to learn about these spams and scams (and any other problem involving the forum) is to use the "Report to moderator" button below each message.

After clicking it, it sends an email and a PM to a mod(s) informing them there is a problem which can be acted upon swiftly.

LF

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 16, 2012, 09:26:35 PM
The simpliest and easiest way for Moderators to learn about these spams and scams (and any other problem involving the forum) is to use the "Report to moderator" button below each message.

After clicking it, it sends an email and a PM to a mod(s) informing them there is a problem which can be acted upon swiftly.

yeah this is the way to go report to mods and it gets removed pretty quickly most of the time.

nostradamus

ok cheers c4........do you want me to remove this thread mate?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: nostradamus on November 16, 2012, 09:29:53 PM

Leave it up for the time being as it does inform others to use this function. Unless HP sees it as clutter. :P

nostradamus

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 16, 2012, 09:54:22 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 16, 2012, 09:29:53 PM

Leave it up for the time being as it does inform others to use this function. Unless HP sees it as clutter. :P

ok cool......and if HP does see it as clutter, l wont be offended if its removed

kilbluff1985

mate i replied to your post on the irrits thread saying just report it and leave it for the mods they get an email once its reported

much easier then them coming to check this thread all the time

Justin Bieber

Nah, I'll leave this thread up, idea was good! But reporting is the easiest option :). Was having dinner and wasn't on FF for past like 3 hours so spammers came but deleted once I got on. Thanks all for reporting!

Mr.Craig

kilbluff1985

bit strange it started happening more and more since i started the thread in feedback lol

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 16, 2012, 11:20:21 PM
bit strange it started happening more and more since i started the thread in feedback lol

It has gotten busier hasnt it. No mods in Other AFL Comps and theyve just hit that in my PackHunters thread twice the barbies, could be more in there but nobody but m0nty can sought it.

nostradamus

Grazz

Is it possible someone weve ticked off lately could be behind this or am i clutching at straws.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 12:04:10 AM
Is it possible someone weve ticked off lately could be behind this or am i clutching at straws.

Has crossed my mind too.

Ziplock

WOW 100 BUCK ROLLEXS!??@?@?@?@?@ SDOOD NOWANMFOPWNHROPMKOPWTK

SOOOOO KEEN