Main Menu

Ads popping up on my phone.

Started by LF, November 16, 2012, 07:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Grazz

Quote from: BGK on November 25, 2012, 09:53:17 AM
This is getting out of hand. It makes me not want to come here any more. If I can't come here on my phone, I will probably stop returning.

Dont say that mate   :(  hate to lose you.

m0nty

Popey99

Yeah mate. The ads stay at the bottom of the screen at all times... Really annoying. Although I don't blame you if this is a money making ploy, I know you need to keep the site going somehow as well as turn over a profit.

m0nty

I'll have to get hold of someone with an iPhone and see it in operation. Some testing is required.  >:(

LF

yeah its still happening its now a red rooster ad

elephants

Comes up on IPad as well.

Seems to be Red Rooster on phone and Nissan on the iPad...

Popey99

Yeah, Nissan, Hungry Jacks, Ford and sometimes Red Rooster. Looks like competing companies for some reson :P

nas

Getting the Car AD on the home PC

kilbluff1985

Do none of you guys use ad block? :o

elephants

My phone has some kinda ad blocky thing but it doesn't bother THAT much..

Justin Bieber

LF

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 11, 2012, 08:06:10 PM

I have checked my browser settings on my phone and it says blocking is on but it doesn't block the ads and it only happens on FF.
On my laptop I have no problems with popup ads they are blocked by my antivirus.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: luvfooty on December 11, 2012, 08:57:42 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 11, 2012, 08:06:10 PM

I have checked my browser settings on my phone and it says blocking is on but it doesn't block the ads and it only happens on FF.
On my laptop I have no problems with popup ads they are blocked by my antivirus.

Hmm I don't use the net on a phone but I would Google how to stop pop up ads on a phone should be an app for it