Adelaide to participate in this years draft

Started by c4v3m4n, November 16, 2012, 05:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Chopps on November 17, 2012, 07:18:20 AM
Add Brad crouch to what ever we get effectively. Can't wait to see him play afl

Ditto looking forward to seeing him make his debut. I think weve been cut a major break being allowed to participate.

Capper

The only way they will lose premiership points is if they lose draft picks the following draft, but then players will have nothing to play for, so why turn up, why buy a membership.

I dont think they will do that

Grazz

Quote from: tabs on November 17, 2012, 02:17:05 PM
The only way they will lose premiership points is if they lose draft picks the following draft, but then players will have nothing to play for, so why turn up, why buy a membership.

Tend to agree, i think the only time loss of points should occur is if a club is caught out during an actual season. To start a season not being able to earn Premiership points would do more harm than good to the competition.

Dudge

Sorry guys, but this is the start of QC's , lawyers and the like against the AFL, this is a sad day. Talk about opening a can of worms. If the Crows 4 or 6  lawyers can get them out of this, or reduce it significantly, well every other club will be doing the same. I just don't like courts getting involved. I'm sorry to say, but when they get involved in sport organisations, where will this end? Do the crime- do the time!!!!!!!!!

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 02:29:32 PM

Tend to agree, i think the only time loss of points should occur is if a club is caught out during an actual season. To start a season not being able to earn Premiership points would do more harm than good to the competition.

On the other scale of things, Adelaide wont be able to afford a fine... :-X

Screwed either way.

Grazz

Quote from: Dudge on November 17, 2012, 02:48:46 PM
Sorry guys, but this is the start of QC's , lawyers and the like against the AFL, this is a sad day. Talk about opening a can of worms. If the Crows 4 or 6  lawyers can get them out of this, or reduce it significantly, well every other club will be doing the same. I just don't like courts getting involved. I'm sorry to say, but when they get involved in sport organisations, where will this end? Do the crime- do the time!!!!!!!!!

I agree Dudge, i think the lawyers or i hope the lawyers for Trigg and co will only be used as support during the AFL hearing on the charges brought against them , hopefully not to go to court. Players use them regularly at the tribunal etc.

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 17, 2012, 02:49:29 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 02:29:32 PM

On the other scale of things, Adelaide wont be able to afford a fine... :-X

Screwed either way.

The AFL will give us a payment plan hopefully mate, so as not to destroy the club.

Grazz

I think we shouldnt be allowed to be involved in any draft untill the case is heard tbh.

nas

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 04:07:03 PM
I think we shouldnt be allowed to be involved in any draft untill the case is heard tbh.

Agree 110% 

Tominator

same should apply to Melbourne

nas

Quote from: Tominator on November 17, 2012, 07:27:55 PM

same should apply to Melbourne

agree 110% as well

Tominator

Adelaide allowed picks in the 2012 draft..........

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they're gone.

Grazz

Im glad they chose not not to take their picks in this draft, might shut a few whingers up but as i said earlier i dont think we deserved any untill the case was heard.