Adelaide to participate in this years draft

Started by c4v3m4n, November 16, 2012, 05:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151237/default.aspx

Breaking news from the AFL site:

QuoteADELAIDE will be allowed to participate in this year's NAB AFL Draft after the AFL Commission granted an adjournment into the Kurt Tippett salary cap case.

Capper

yeh just read this, Crows fans can breath a little easier foe the time being

Jroo

Quote from: tabs on November 16, 2012, 05:56:29 PM
yeh just read this, Crows fans can breath a little easier foe the time being
+ 1, Crows are lucky to be able to keep their draft picks  :o

AFEV

Not sure if this is good for them or if there is a harsher punishment coming... :-X

Nige

Probably the best news they've had in a while.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on November 16, 2012, 05:59:29 PM
Not sure if this is good for them or if there is a harsher punishment coming... :-X

Yeah, I dunno...

...though does this bode more double standards after what happened with Carlton after they lost their draft picks?

AFEV

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 16, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

Yeah, I dunno...

...though does this bode more double standards after what happened with Carlton after they lost their draft picks?
Essendon as well...

/////////////////////////

the giants will have all the good players before the crows first pick anyway
lol @ pick 20

kilbluff1985

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on November 16, 2012, 06:22:39 PM
the giants will have all the good players before the crows first pick anyway
lol @ pick 20

your boo count is funnier

Ziplock

they could still be stripped of premiership points... and probably will be if found guilty of salary cap breaches now, since they've been allowed to draft...

Chopps

Quote from: Ziplock on November 16, 2012, 07:07:26 PM
they could still be stripped of premiership points... and probably will be if found guilty of salary cap breaches now, since they've been allowed to draft...

i dont think they will, but if/when found guilty can just lose drafts for upcoming drafts and a hefty fine

Yeah, I dunno...

not sure it does,yet as the process isnt finished so they cant punish them till they know what charges they are guilty of.

Ziplock

Quote from: Chopps on November 16, 2012, 07:46:36 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 16, 2012, 07:07:26 PM

i dont think they will, but if/when found guilty can just lose drafts for upcoming drafts and a hefty fine

Yeah, I dunno...

not sure it does,yet as the process isnt finished so they cant punish them till they know what charges they are guilty of.
to be more specific, if they're found of doing it with multiple players I honestly reckon they'll be stripped of their points

Chopps

i dont believe the AFL will compromise a season like that. but will put them at a disadvantage draft and money penalties. time will tell.

Tominator

Flower yeah... Meant to be a great draft so I think that's great news for the Crows considering all the doom and gloom of late

Chopps

Add Brad crouch to what ever we get effectively. Can't wait to see him play afl