Main Menu

Dons to make a possible move on Jacobs

Started by Capper, November 16, 2012, 01:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151197/default.aspx

QuoteESSENDON could pounce on former Port Adelaide midfielder Ben Jacobs at next week's NAB AFL Draft, if he's still available at pick 35.

Jacobs, a Victorian, has walked out on the Power, seeking a new club in his home state.

He has been strongly linked to North Melbourne, who failed to reach agreement with Port Adelaide during the Gillette AFL Trade Period.

But, with the Kangaroos unlikely to part with pick 15 and their next selection coming at 38, the Bombers - who were also linked to Jacobs during the trade period - may get in first.

On Friday morning, Bombers senior assistant coach Mark Thompson said the club would look at selecting some players who have "been in the system for two or three years" at the draft.

AFEV

Would definitely be happy if we picked him up at #35.

I think there are a few teams that have had links to him with picks in the mid 30s so that's probably where he'll go...Just a matter of who takes the punt.

Essington vs. Norf continues...

kilbluff1985

i don't think he will get that far i kind of want Atkins or Ballard maybe instead anyway

Maca24

Nige

Another team ready to pounce, it's gonna be interesting to see who gets their hands on him first.