Main Menu

WXV Rookie Draft

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2012, 12:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 22, 2013, 07:03:38 PM
And now the draft is over and all teams are complete :)

Zip do you want to do a predictions thread like you did in the Euros, or too much effort?

I hope not should keep it as a euro exclusive

ossie85

Thanks all :)

Will let you know when trade period opens....

CrowsFan

Quote from: Holzman on January 22, 2013, 07:12:34 PM

Zip do you want to do a predictions thread like you did in the Euros, or too much effort?

What keep guessing how others will go as exclusive? Don't think that's something you can keep exclusive holz :P

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 22, 2013, 07:20:35 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 22, 2013, 07:12:34 PM

What keep guessing how others will go as exclusive? Don't think that's something you can keep exclusive holz :P

no but will anyone do as good a job as Zip, knowing the worlds somebody will probably do something crazy.

Purple 77

Lol, the last picked were the last two delisted brewers  ;D

CrowsFan

Yeah true.

Jut had a quick look at what I think are the 4 strongest teams (just the 4 teams that made the prelims last year), and this is what I found...

Using the simple method of looking at their averages from last season (yes I know this isn't a good method since it doesn't factor in injured/subbed games, but is the quickest) the predicted averages of the top 4 are:

Mexico City - 1,596
Buenos Aires - 1,591
São Paulo - 1,550
Cape Town - 1,456

So looks like there is a clear top two of the Suns and Armadillos, both who could average 160 consistently. Cape Town's score surprised me considering their amazing midfield of Watson, JPK, Jelwood, Cotchin and ROK, but apart from that 5 (and Hawkins up forward) the rest of the team is actually rather week, especially that defense with only Broughton averaging over 70.

The only consolation I have being third in that list is my predicted best XV's average age is just 24.27 (3 of the 15 aged 27 or more), compared to Mexico City at 27.67 (11 of the 15 aged 27 or more), and Buenos Aires at 29.33 (12 of the 15 aged 27 or more), so I would say my team has more scope for improvement than theirs :)

Ziplock

too much effort :P I'm not as good with SC as I am with DT either- my ability in it just comes from transferred DT knowledge- I'd have to individually look up every players scores, since I dont know them off the top of my head for SC.

My Chumps

The Cobras starting XV average age is 24.9 so we also expect more improvement than Mexico and Buenos.

There are also a bunch of reasons I could state saying why we expect improvement etc, but I don't really see the point :P

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 22, 2013, 07:56:36 PM
Yeah true.

Jut had a quick look at what I think are the 4 strongest teams (just the 4 teams that made the prelims last year), and this is what I found...

Using the simple method of looking at their averages from last season (yes I know this isn't a good method since it doesn't factor in injured/subbed games, but is the quickest) the predicted averages of the top 4 are:

Mexico City - 1,596
Buenos Aires - 1,591
São Paulo - 1,550
Cape Town - 1,456

So looks like there is a clear top two of the Suns and Armadillos, both who could average 160 consistently. Cape Town's score surprised me considering their amazing midfield of Watson, JPK, Jelwood, Cotchin and ROK, but apart from that 5 (and Hawkins up forward) the rest of the team is actually rather week, especially that defense with only Broughton averaging over 70.

The only consolation I have being third in that list is my predicted best XV's average age is just 24.27 (3 of the 15 aged 27 or more), compared to Mexico City at 27.67 (11 of the 15 aged 27 or more), and Buenos Aires at 29.33 (12 of the 15 aged 27 or more), so I would say my team has more scope for improvement than theirs :)

I'm going to rip my dick off if I don't win at least 1 premiership with my teams in XVs. I consider the Swedes a Top 3 hope (zip considers them top 5, but that doesn't really consider injuries that'll help)

And according to CF look like a top 2 hope,

and according to an Asians poll I think I was voted equal top favourite....

so if I don't win at least 1 premiership, me will be mad.

Maca24

If you don't win it this year Nails you'll never win it.
Your team is full of 30+ players.

Maca24

By the way can I change the pick of Blicavs?

CrowsFan

Quote from: Maca24 on January 23, 2013, 12:16:37 AM
No since others picked after you

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 23, 2013, 12:23:51 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on January 23, 2013, 12:16:37 AM
No since others picked after you
Does it really matter if I change it once the draft is over?

CrowsFan

Well it does since someone else may have wants Blicavs but now didn't get them. Does it really matter if you have him on your list or not?

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 23, 2013, 12:47:03 AM
Well it does since someone else may have wants Blicavs but now didn't get them. Does it really matter if you have him on your list or not?
What like Holz? Doubt he did. Yeah I want someone who's available, I rate them highly.